Nice Things That Were Said About You Today

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The mom of one of my tutoring students (7-yr old autistic boy) told me that he works really well for me and that there are very few teachers who can work successfully w/him esp. when he's in a real hyper mood like he was last night. Made me feel like I must be doing something right!

And... he said "bye-bye" to me when he left, which definitely doesn't happen every time... so I guess that counts, too.

yesterday i got complimented on my hair.

it's nice to get compliments like that but over all i really don't care much to hear someone tell me i look nice, or they like my shirt, or my hair or anything like that. it's nicer to hear someone tell you what they like about you as a person or what you mean in their life. :)

still - my favorite compliment ever was after my g-ma died and my aunt hugged me and said "grandma was right, you do give the best hugs ever" other people have told me that too. i don't know that i necessarily hug everyone the same though so it must just be the people i really love that i hug that way.

My kids tell me that a lot. :happy: It just warms my heart.

me too. i tell my kids i love them about 1000 times a day and so they say it back to me all day too. i love it. my 3 year old always says "mom, i love you. you're the best!" and then she grabs on and hugs my leg and smiles at me.

another compliment i have gotten "you have a dynomiiiiite smile" ;)

OK-----quote response time :happydance:happydance

Your increasing whiteness??

As for me, someone said my picture was pretty, but then again, he always thinks my pictures are pretty, except when I look all angry and stuff, but it's a compliment, and I'll take it. I really need to go to bed..I'm loopy...

That's because all your pictures ARE pretty. Even the angry ones:heart: :kiss

If people say nice things about me, you can bet that they don't know me very well.

You are smarter than most people on the board, and I would bet than most you know. Sometimes indifference and anger is a byproduct of those who can't understand and appreciate intellect.

there's literally only one person who ever says anything nice about me, and i don't have time or room to write all that...

everybody else thinks i suck, i guess!! :laugh:

That's great!

Having one that loves and cherishes you enough to take up volumes is better than a million people giving boilerplate niceties.

"God your an asshole!!"

Meh. That's said everyday, but still brings joy to my heart and makes me infect the world with my bitternes...like the weather latly? That's my "bitter" at work...

OK I think this might be a Detroit thing.

I had a friend tell me, in a slightly rude manner, say "That's because you drive like an asshole" when I complained about a ticket. I'm not rude to other drivers or malicious, just a little aggressive. So, then she explained that she and her friend call each other assholes all the time for different mundane things. :shock: :confused I reserve that term for the big things. I couldn't get her comment out of my head for days.

But hey, if it works for you... :respect:

another compliment i have gotten "you have a dynomiiiiite smile" ;)

Yeah no kidding. I used to run to the bathroom and brush my teeth everytime I saw your avatar.

Now I just watch A Clockwork Orange.

________________________________________________________________________________

________________________________________________________________________________

FOR ME

nothing for now

Edited by the eternal