How Did You Hear About Dgn?

Troy Spiral

178 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard about DGN while I was at City Club the first couple of times I went. :) And I met some pretty kickass people!

Mina can you narrow that down any? Remember who you heard about it from? ... and HI btw. Not sure I've read any posts by you in a bit. *waves*

Mentioned to me by the friend who finally managed to drag me out to city club. Apparently he doesn't actually post here.

Hrmm. Gotta suck him in somehow if possible. *plots*

mstrbeau.....

Yay!!

Well Vein (who hasn't posted past his first day on) Stormknight and mstrbeau mostly... my first night at CC i must have got 6 cards lol. But I wouldn't have actually signed up if Vein hadn't that same day too.

Near impossible to predict who will ACTUALLY start posting and not just go POOF. Glad we managed to trick you into sticking around though. *hugs*

Hrmm. Gotta suck him in somehow if possible. *plots*

He rarely uses computers for anything other than games. And he usually uses one of mine for that, so I'm not sure that sucking him in is possible. I will try threats and violence, however.

He rarely uses computers for anything other than games. And he usually uses one of mine for that, so I'm not sure that sucking him in is possible. I will try threats and violence, however.

yeah that is a tough gig there. grrr.

Taz passed I joined because I was missing him a lot that day.

:(

Well Vein (who hasn't posted past his first day on) Stormknight and mstrbeau mostly... my first night at CC i must have got 6 cards lol. But I wouldn't have actually signed up if Vein hadn't that same day too.

Near impossible to predict who will ACTUALLY start posting and not just go POOF. Glad we managed to trick you into sticking around though. *hugs*

..MmmHmm!

As far as I can tell almost no one has ever become an actual poster due to this banner exchange crap. (although many have come via DGN banners from a personal myspace page and such.)

Looking at the people that have come via Google, very, VERY few become real posting members. A lot have shown up via random web searches and such but they don't convert into active members very often.

Nothing can replace actual warm blooded live ST style promotion. Takes "community" style work to keep a community going. Unfortunately that is also, for most folk, the hardest thing to do.

As far as I can tell almost no one has ever become an actual poster due to this banner exchange crap. (although many have come via DGN banners from a personal myspace page and such.)

Looking at the people that have come via Google, very, VERY few become real posting members. A lot have shown up via random web searches and such but they don't convert into active members very often.

Nothing can replace actual warm blooded live ST style promotion. Takes "community" style work to keep a community going. Unfortunately that is also, for most folk, the hardest thing to do.

Awwww I found it via google. XD

Just like a week after I moved here. I was like...hmmmmmm...I wonder what's going on around here...

::google::

::input "detroit gothic"::

::find dgn::

::happy::

And it was that easy. XD

But I guess I'm the exception... ;)

• 1 month later...

It was suggested to me by someone in "real life". (How ? Who?)

It was suggested to me in a conversation that I should consider joining DGN. I believe I had seen it in previous years via Google but never gave it a chance. I'm so glad that I did.

• 1 month later...

Miss Kitty was bugging me about a year and a half ago to join and I was like "I'm a metal head, not goth, why would I go on there" and then a month or two later I was at Titsmcgees place and she was posting, so a few days later I joined. :) It was a good move, it's not all goth, it's much much more! ... Like sex. haha!

Miss Kitty was bugging me about a year and a half ago to join and I was like "I'm a metal head, not goth, why would I go on there" and then a month or two later I was at Titsmcgees place and she was posting, so a few days later I joined. :) It was a good move, it's not all goth, it's much much more! ... Like sex. haha!

ditto w/o the tits.

"haha"

char_jfk.gif

• 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I've actually toyed with changing the board name to something like "Detroit Underground" or something approximating that theme as it really isn't "just a gothic website" at all, but the goth name does help scare away people that tend to stereotype people (but also may scare away some of our "target" audience unintentionally)

Troy and I were fighting on this strange shifting platform with spikes in Cloud City, and when I was about to fall of the edge he showed mercy and saved my life... To which I responded: "Where you go I follow..."

• 2 months later...