what are you doing right now?

paradox

Reflecting on life...beauty,time, thinking about how people are going to read this and roll their eyes as if I care about judgement...I felt miserable today bordering on tears until I thought about my clients specifically a woman in one of my group homes..a lot of my clients are in chairs and this one is as well. When I first met her their was a positive energy all around her a glow she's not much older than me...I talked to her and realized she was within a normal IQ range so I assumed she may have CP since she wasn't mobile...I have seen her monthly since June...always pleasant..well I had an extra sec today to look at some of her paperwork and the area that asks for a physical description and she was described as her face and neck covered in burn scars and no left eye...and I realized that I never once saw her that way...I had to think for a second and than I realized yes physically this is her but all I ever saw was her true beauty...her energy never the person described. And I thought how dare I ever feel misery again.

Reflecting on life...beauty,time, thinking about how people are going to read this and roll their eyes as if I care about judgement...I felt miserable today bordering on tears until I thought about my clients specifically a woman in one of my group homes..a lot of my clients are in chairs and this one is as well. When I first met her their was a positive energy all around her a glow she's not much older than me...I talked to her and realized she was within a normal IQ range so I assumed she may have CP since she wasn't mobile...I have seen her monthly since June...always pleasant..well I had an extra sec today to look at some of her paperwork and the area that asks for a physical description and she was described as her face and neck covered in burn scars and no left eye...and I realized that I never once saw her that way...I had to think for a second and than I realized yes physically this is her but all I ever saw was her true beauty...her energy never the person described. And I thought how dare I ever feel misery again.

Yay...I'm not the only one :biggrin:

That happened to me quite often growing up, so I had to learn to focus on what was present. However, from time to time, I'm still caught off guard by that inner light...

• TronRP locked this topic
  • TronRP pinned this topic