what are you doing right now?

paradox

Plotting an elaborate vendetta against the two remaining houseflies I have. GRRRRR!!! I often wonder if these little bastards have any idea just how absolutely ANNOYING they are!

Cleaning my pad. Keeping this place up is a lot of work, especially with all the new things I have keeping me busy.

Drinking tea. Good, perfectly-prepared, Fair Trade tea (with organically-grown Fair Trade sugar) is always a bright spot in my day.

Making homemade sausage gravy for tomorrow's breakfast. I wonder why restaurants all use that horrible prepackaged mix? It's just as easy to make your own, and it tastes so much better!

Watching Japanese horror movies. I'm hooked.

Debating on whether to get out my pillows and blanket.

What recipe do you use?

I would have to demonstrate how to make it, as it depends upon how much grease is in the sausage you are using, as well as how well it's seasoned.

The basic ingredients are sausage, flour, margarine (especially if the sausage is really lean), and vitamin D milk. Soul or Cajun seasoning to taste, and lots of black pepper. The sausage is fried until cooked through, in a large cast iron skillet. Depending upon how much grease is left in the pan, anywhere from one to three tablespoons of margarine is added. Then add enough flour to soak up all the grease, just enough to make a pasty coating on the meat. Figure upon one tablespoon of flour per tablespoon of grease/margarine. Then you add the cold milk, about 2/3 of the way to the edge of the pan. Add your seasonings to taste, and bring it just to a boil while stirring vigorously; then turn the flame down, and keep stirring until it's thick. Good gravy of any sort takes practice.

Edited by jynxxxedangel

• TronRP locked this topic
  • TronRP pinned this topic