Ministry

DarkChylde

Lately I've been getting more and more heavy into ministry, there a fuckin awsome band, the other day I went to hot-hits and bought there newest album *House's of the mole* it totally ripp's on this country and busch which thats a definent plus for me hehe, a week ago I also got ahold of there old stuff which was made back in the early 80's, they sound really I mean REALLY diffrent back then, like the song's "revenge" and "Halloween is everyday" they went from new-wave to industrial/metal. Me personally I like there old stuff better but there new shit is awsome to and there still a good band. Psalm69 is also a highly recommended good album too, the song "new world order" I really like off that album, surprisingly I requested that song at city club and the dj actually played it, and also along with "Halloween is everyday"

Aight, im startin ta sound like a yipping fan so im gonna stop right there :blushing:

I haven't heard any new music from Ministry. I listen to the old for memorys sake. I liked Jesus build My Hotrod, Stigmata, Psalm 69....thats all I can think of. I like the 8"singles too, but thats so different that I can't list it with the others.

Hehe, and here I am thinking that I was the only one who's grown obsessed with ministry :cool :

I've gotten most of there cd's now-a-days and my fav's so far is "A mind is a terrible thing to taste" "Psalm 69" "with symphony" "house's of the mole" and of course there "early trax"

Most of y'all already prolly know about there website but incase some dont here's the linky

lestat and i both love ministry.... lesatat a fan since the 80's my self a fan since i met lestat and he played it for me ..........

the best stuff to listen to while cleaning the house :grin:

now i must load some up in winamp.........

To correct you it's "Everyday is Halloween" not the other way around. Boole does a nice techno cover of that song as well.

If you like Ministry you might also wish to check out The Revolting Cocks which is a side project of Al's. Actually he's done a few of them over the years.

Lard is a great band with Jello Biafra of The Dead Kennedys, who has a unique voice and is a lyrical genius.

Pailhead is another one.

Actually just type in the words "Ministry sideproject" in Google and that will tell you all you need to know.

I've been a fan of theirs for a few years now. I just heard "I Wanted to Tell Her" recently, I couldn't believe it was them. It was the most disco/pop thing I've ever heard them do.

After the album "Twitch" you can hear a deffinate change in the bands sound I think.

EDIT: Also anyone who likes the ohGr album WELT should also know that it was also a side project of Al. But there was already another band named WELT so it sat on the shelf for a while.

love ministry- love them live. great show to be at and watch.

never heard "i wanted to tell her"... i will have to check that out just for the sake of checking it out. if it is disco/pop i have a feeling i will be disappointed.

love revolting cocks too, like lard as well. i have never heard of pailhead. have to check that out too.

scary guy- can you recommend any pailhead songs to listen to?

Yeah, I already figured out I spelled it the wrong way but just too lazy ta change it :whistling:

And yes, I even heard the side projects too like the "revolting cocks" they even made a "side trax" album that includes all the side projected songs (ministry that is)

Way back then when ministry didnt exist Al was in "specail affect"

Awesome, I like people who are actually willing to research things they like to death.

dynomiiiiite I can't really reccomend any pailhead. I personally hate recommending things because I know everyone has different tastes. I say just get what you can and delete what you don't like.

Once I get hooked on to a band I like learning about it's past history and research of who or whut sound they use to be, im very huge into underground stuff. I'm still on a search for "specail affect" though, havnt had any luck yet but my searching skill's are still in progress :fear:

Once I get hooked on to a band I like learning about it's past history and research of who or whut sound they use to be, im very huge into underground stuff. I'm still on a search for "specail affect" though, havnt had any luck yet but my searching skill's are still in progress :fear:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

do a google search for "slsk" (soulseek) I found a few things on there.

Maybe soemone can answer this burning question for me.

The "Revenge" video... (I think it's that song, the one with the "ain't got time for what you fee-l" lyric), is that Al Jourgenson doing the lead singing??? I'm not real familiar with Ministry outside of a few singles, and have wondered if that's the same guy.

If so, damn - what a difference a decade makes.

Yes, that's al jourgenson back in the early 80's. He sure was a good singer back then, this guy is full of talent's.

"ain't got time for what you fee-l" lyric

Correct, it is the song and music video by ministry also, very awsome video.

Scary Guy-Thanx for that info, that sure helped alot

lol yes he is, a buddy of mine who had a article of his interview from a magizine (cant remember whut name of the magizine is) al stated that those are the time's he try's to forget about and too embarrising ta remember.

I personaly liked there old sound but of course there new sound is very awsome too. :happy:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived