Whats Your Excuse For Not Going To Cc On Saturday ?

Troy Spiral

91 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1. i don't typically have Sat. off, hencefore, i never go.

2. if i did have a chance to go, no one would want to go with me.

3. i kinda don't like to be in places by myself... it's hard to get use when you constantly have someone around then *poof!*... you're by yourself.

That job has gotta go!! :laugh:

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That job has gotta go!! :laugh:

well, if i had said other job that would pay more, and give me Sat. off, then i'd go up there.. :innocent however... due to the lack of job-market, and the money-troubles, i'm forced to stay at my ends-meat job.. :nut hehe

Whats your excuse for not going to the DGN gathering at city club on saturdays?

If your not exactly sure what "CC on Saturday" means look for a post called "DGN@City Club" in the Nightlife Forum.

I DO NOT KNOW TROY YOU TELL US.....

Usually it's because of work, but sometimes I just don't want to go there alone, most of my friends are married & have kids, they won't go, and my other friends are reluctant to go, because they know I'll sacrifice them as poseurs...even though I've pinky swore not to.

And now that he has me to go with, I really DON'T want to go. It's a shithole. I only go there if one of our friends is having a birthday and insists on going. The last time I was there was 05/05/07. I had to pee, and it was a filthy, dirty flood in the "ladies room." The "security" staff (ROFL) barrels around there like the fucking gestapo, basically taking drinks from you at last call. I refuse to buy anything but bottled water. At least I know that I can crack the lid and its purity is uncompromised. The only good thing is J9, who is one of the DJs and a friend of Jeff's and mine. But, we hang out elsewhere, and I don't really need to go there to see her.

Um, Yeah, it's going to have to be work for me.

My job is SO in the way.

That and like what, um 7,000 miles give or take. I don't think Greyhound could even help me.

But I have over 7gb of industrial on my iTunes. So um, yeah, I can make my own Cc. Even if I am the only one that shows up..... atleast I know the DJ. :peanutbutterjellytime

I still go but get mad and say I won't. They dont keep up the bathroom. I fell once real bad on that damn wet floor. My ankle still bothers me.

Pick pocketed 3x.

Partner mugged in lot once.....I wondered where he went.....

4 friends cars broken into.

partially trampled once or twice when they were throwing someone out.

But hey, its a goth club....your suppose to go through this crap to hang out......right?

NO. Really, what the hell is WRONG with us? This crap keeps happening because we continue to tolerate it.

God, all this makes me so angry. I miss my friends. I miss going out, but why the hell can't there be some real security around so we don't have to worry about crap like this?

I spent weekend before last in Philadelphia. Highest murder rate in the country, but I felt way safer there than parking around CC. The vampire's ball was held at a night club called Shampoo. They did frisk at the door, which I don't personally mind, but there was security around outside and inside the club.

They served drinks in real glass glasses. The bathrooms had everything in working order, clean, with toilet paper, water, soap. There were clean, velvet couches and the floors were dry and clean. Staff cleaned up spilled drinks as soon as they happened.

I'm not fond of the idea of finding my car gone when I'm hours from home. I know it costs money to have outside security, but I'd pay more to get in if I felt like I was safe and that my car was likely to still be there when I get out. I'm sure if everyone paid just an extra dollar or two that would cover a couple of off duty cops to guard the areas outside. Shoot a couple of crackheads and word would get around that CC isn't the place to steal stuff anymore.

In all the years of going down there I don't remember seeing a cop EVER around the building unless I was already inside and they came in for some reason. They don't go there unless they have to it seems. Then again I never stayed on the street for any extended amount of time.

NO. Really, what the hell is WRONG with us? This crap keeps happening because we continue to tolerate it.

What's "right" with me then?

Been going there, on and off, for about 17 years.

I have never experienced:

A bathroom that was totally unuseable - especially in the past few years, when I have always had a clean seat to sit on, dry floors, and toilet paper readily available. And I visit the ladies' room several times a night, depending on how much/what I'm drinking. I don't know why this is still an issue with so many people - I must be lucky or somehow the bathroom must magically clean itself up when I enter it...

Any kind of harassment or similar crime. My truck was broken into once, and my stereo stolen. But it's DETROIT. That can, does and will happen ANYWHERE in that city. I'm only surprised it didn't happen many years ago - this was just last year. Now I'm SMARTER. I remove my faceplate, don't keep things like purses or other valuables IN the car, and make it pretty obvious that there's nothing worth stealing inside.

Negative interaction with any member of staff. They're going to take your drink after last call. DUH. They've been doing that at least as long as I've been going there - 17 years, repeat. Finish your drink before last call, and give it up willingly if you're not wise enough to finish in time. They're keeping the place open past 2:00, for chrissake. A little rule-following ain't much to ask.

And I've never been trampled, run over, even jostled by bouncers doing their job. They yell loud enough for me to get out of the way before they come anywhere near me.

For chrissakes - doesn't anyone have a sense of humor, either? The bouncers yelling things like "get the fuck out" at the end of the night is funny.

Edited to add, as my original post got truncated somehow:

Overall, I know a lot of people have experienced negative things going to CC. Some of them are CC-specific, some of them, well, you risk those going to any Detroit establishment pretty much.

I just am starting to think that with the amount of people who DO go to CC and don't complain, well, the negative experiences are in the minority.

It's all what you expect, I guess. And I don't expect anything more than a place I like to hang out.

Edited by Fierce Critter

not very compelling arguments. and i guess you weren't there this winter when the bathrooms were LITERALLY unusable through the whole building.

and for the location of that lot and its purpose, it should be guarded instead of just "attended" as in "we make you pay to park here but you get no benefit from that." i don't see how having your radio stolen is like, an acceptable loss to go to that place when there are better clubs in the area

Well I have never went because I have never been to any club yet. (just turned 18 March 6th)

I have no freinds to go with.

And until I move out here soon my parents will not let me go alone.

(I know, dumb...I still feel like a fucking child...I hate being catagorized with a lot of my peers.)

And now I am conffused and do not know if CC is worth going even, manye mixed opinions on the place from people...

But so far I understand that if I go it should be with a group of people and I should carpool or at least not drive my Cougar...lol

XD

Well I have never went because I have never been to any club yet. (just turned 18 March 6th)

I have no freinds to go with.

And until I move out here soon my parents will not let me go alone.

(I know, dumb...I still feel like a fucking child...I hate being catagorized with a lot of my peers.)

And now I am conffused and do not know if CC is worth going even, manye mixed opinions on the place from people...

But so far I understand that if I go it should be with a group of people and I should carpool or at least not drive my Cougar...lol

XD

lol, first time i went was my 18th birthday... and my parents didn't want me going unless I carpooled with a friend, so I did that for about 3 months before they stopped caring.

introduce one of your friends to dgn so they get excited about going to city club and you guys can share your cc deflowering together lol

(and that's bs lies about not having friends... you're a sweet kid, you just have to ask the right people if they want to hang out and BAM, you've got friends...)

Why don't I go?

Cuz a knocked up girl doesn't look good in vinyl?

But before that, I dunno...I haven't been since forever.

I went a year or so ago with our friend Daniel from Germany. He told me that back in Germany he would hang out at some punk club. I thought this was the closest he might find here, and besides, it's an institution. He ended up making out with some hottie. To this day, that floosie still doesn't know what a profound and positive impact she has had on the perception of Americans abroad. Shame, really. She served her country well that day.

Guest Troy Spiral Newbie

I dont go beasue i dont want to go alone and dont have any "close friends" that go.

Actually has more votes than i would have expected. I go alone probably 99% of the time. Although the FIRST time i went i don't think i would have gone if it wasn't with someone.

Guest Troy Spiral Newbie

Oh oh...

One of my many bullshit excuses is that i look like shit.

I think i used to look decent (like in my profile picture) but now i look like this fat fuck here:

gallery_43_2_1109734793.jpg

So its kind of depressing to be seen in public. =/

Edited by Troy Spiral Newbie

lol, first time i went was my 18th birthday... and my parents didn't want me going unless I carpooled with a friend, so I did that for about 3 months before they stopped caring.

introduce one of your friends to dgn so they get excited about going to city club and you guys can share your cc deflowering together lol

(and that's bs lies about not having friends... you're a sweet kid, you just have to ask the right people if they want to hang out and BAM, you've got friends...)

Well yeah I guess, but most of my friends who would go are all younger than me...*cry*

One of my guy friends would go and bring his g/f and her friends but I don't think they would like CC or DGN just 'cause he would be fine with it, but his g/f and her friends are all super religiouse and would probably think I was a devil worshiper (no offense to my satanic friends) Although a different guy friend would go with me, he doesn't turn 18 until my friend Kelsey does his g/f, which isn't until like November.

So yeah...

...but soon when I move I can just go on my own...my problem now is I need better friends...lol

XD

I really do try to make a realistic assessment. Its obviously going to be a matter of opinion, but its pretty clear who the "hotties" are and who the "seadonkies" are... unfortunately.

Try as we might to preach that looks don't matter. They do. And in any social context there is a sort of collective agreements to what is attractive and what isn't. Frustrating but true nonetheless. Random "its in the eye of the beholder" cuteness not withstanding. Of course thats not the ONLY thing that matters, but it is clearly high up on the priority list.

I think we live under this collective agreement to lie to ourselves when the subject comes up, but in reality its crystal clear how important physical appearance is. There's tons of flowery words to make us feel comfortable with it, but in the end its just a cold fact. :confused:

I really do try to make a realistic assessment. Its obviously going to be a matter of opinion, but its pretty clear who the "hotties" are and who the "seadonkies" are... unfortunately.

Try as we might to preach that looks don't matter. They do. And in any social context there is a sort of collective agreements to what is attractive and what isn't. Frustrating but true nonetheless. Random "its in the eye of the beholder" cuteness not withstanding. Of course thats not the ONLY thing that matters, but it is clearly high up on the priority list.

I think we live under this collective agreement to lie to ourselves when the subject comes up, but in reality its crystal clear how important physical appearance is. There's tons of flowery words to make us feel comfortable with it, but in the end its just a cold fact. :confused:

Of course looks matter. But there's no universal definition of "hot". Plenty of people will think you're hot the way you are, even if you're not at what you consider your best form. It's fine to want to be at a healthy weight and to work towards it, but that doesn't mean you're not hot in the meantime. I'm not skinny by any stretch, and I would like to lose some weight, but a lot of people seem to think I'm hot anyway. And you know what, I agree with them.

Well yeah I guess, but most of my friends who would go are all younger than me...*cry*

One of my guy friends would go and bring his g/f and her friends but I don't think they would like CC or DGN just 'cause he would be fine with it, but his g/f and her friends are all super religiouse and would probably think I was a devil worshiper (no offense to my satanic friends) Although a different guy friend would go with me, he doesn't turn 18 until my friend Kelsey does his g/f, which isn't until like November.

So yeah...

...but soon when I move I can just go on my own...my problem now is I need better friends...lol

XD

Tsch. We need some more religious people on here. If anything, we're skewed agnostic compared to the greater percentages.

It's a cold fact that you're hella paranoid for no legitimate reason. And that's all.

Edited by BrassFusion