Whats Your Excuse For Not Going To Cc On Saturday ?

Troy Spiral

91 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not usually there due to family obligations. Sitters are hard to come by and I'm losing one of mine because she's moving to Tel Aviv in August. Other reasons stem from the fact that it's just not a good place for conversations. The local bar is closer, there is no 30 minute drive, I don't have to pay for parking, the restrooms always have toilet paper, I don't get frisked, I can bring my cell phone, I can bring my eyedrops (without them thinking it's liquid acid) and there is no cover charge. Add to that the ability to sit down without getting your ass wet from someone's spilled drink and the ability to actually hear what your companions are saying...these reasons all add up to why I don't try extremely hard to go anymore.

• 2 years later...
Guest Megalicious

Well.....

1.Keegan I know will sleep through the night and not miss mommy at all, but Jarod on the other hand is a different story and he refuses to go with me, with good reason.

2. Stupid bitches that just really get on my nerves. Instead of putting myself in a position to actually get in a fight (because yes some bitches are that stupid) I am taking the responsible route and staying away from things my "wise mind" knows is wrong for me.

3. I refuse to go untill my club clothes fit me again. Oh wonderful red vinyl skirt from Lip Service how I love you, and how you so don't fit anymore. Almost there but not yet.

4. Change in priorities I guess for the most part.

I do miss and would like to see alot of you I haven't seen for such a long time, you topping that list Troy. But I just don't seem to have anytime. Between my two children (lol) Work and other things I enjoy doing I don't have the time to play dress up, drive to Detroit and dance the night away.

Its not a compromise, I love my family and wouldn't trade them for the world.

Maybe one day I'll come out to CC. Just to see faces I miss.

I must say the staff is rude, the bathrooms are dirty,(though I have seen worse), and the music seems like the same compilation album on constant spin...But none of these are my reasons. To be honest It is a great place to go and hang out once in a while, but one day I woke up and found that I am over 30. That right there is my excuse. Over 30 to me means that sometimes hanging out in a crowd of 18-23 year olds doesn't much appeal to me as an "every weekend" thing. Not that some of my best friends do not fit in that age range. I just wish I could find that allusive niche. Those near my age range that aren't ready for night after night at home/ occasional stale tupperware/ partylight partys...yet still are understanding that being at the club occasionally is not LIVING the club life. I tend to see more drama than I care to, and my life does not revolve around where I am at on Saturday night. Once upon a time in the early 90's I was a club girl. That was once upon a time and now that time has passed. So though I love DGN events and CC once in a while...I am looking for something different once in a while, and I am looking to escape the usual drama and "club mentality" when I can. Does that make any sense to anyone other than me? Probably not. Nevermind. (lol)

I must say the staff is rude, the bathrooms are dirty,(though I have seen worse), and the music seems like the same compilation album on constant spin...But none of these are my reasons. To be honest It is a great place to go and hang out once in a while, but one day I woke up and found that I am over 30. That right there is my excuse. Over 30 to me means that sometimes hanging out in a crowd of 18-23 year olds doesn't much appeal to me as an "every weekend" thing. Not that some of my best friends do not fit in that age range. I just wish I could find that allusive niche. Those near my age range that aren't ready for night after night at home/ occasional stale tupperware/ partylight partys...yet still are understanding that being at the club occasionally is not LIVING the club life. I tend to see more drama than I care to, and my life does not revolve around where I am at on Saturday night. Once upon a time in the early 90's I was a club girl. That was once upon a time and now that time has passed. So though I love DGN events and CC once in a while...I am looking for something different once in a while, and I am looking to escape the usual drama and "club mentality" when I can. Does that make any sense to anyone other than me? Probably not. Nevermind. (lol)

ditto. on everything you just wrote.

Lots of reasons!

The general condition(bathrooms, etc.) doesn't really bother me much as long as the floor isn't falling out from under me or the ceiling isn't falling down on my head or anything, but it doesn't exactly make me long to go there, either.

Sometimes I don't want to deal with the drama, and the 18 year olds(or younger, I'm sure, in some cases), and seeing people I don't want to see. Sometimes I don't want to deal with the construction or worrying about who's going to stay awake and sober enough to drive home in the middle of the night. Sometimes I just don't want to get dressed up, or deal with the smoke or the noise or having to make small talk.

And most of the time I have better things to do, which may include going to different clubs or parties, or being out of town, or doing more laid back stuff like going to the movies, or occasionally just camping in front of the TV with my sweetie. Maybe that's boring, but to me(and I'm not trying to offend anyone, here) it's boring and a little socially retarded to go to the same place every Saturday night. I guess I can see how it might be fun for some people, but the appeal has never really been there for me.

I go once and a while when I want to get dressed up and shake things up. That's all.

Yes there are other places worth going to,just getting everyone to agree on going somewhere else,is another thing.We definately need another Club thats more original,and better than CC,and cleaner. ,on the weekends,most other goth deals are always on a Sunday - Thursday,nights that alot of people cannot enjoy due to work.

Edited by Darque Metallion

Lots of reasons!

Maybe that's boring, but to me(and I'm not trying to offend anyone, here) it's boring and a little socially retarded to go to the same place every Saturday night. I guess I can see how it might be fun for some people, but the appeal has never really been there for me.

I go once and a while when I want to get dressed up and shake things up. That's all.

I agree with you 100%.Also, I think it stunts reality for some that think that life revolves around the club. I have seen it, it's like they gain a new persona and feel they need to live up to it around certain people. They have to be "club guy/girl" all the time and it gets...well....annoying.

First there is way too much distance, looong drive. Then I've heard a lot of bad things from this forum about Cc and the surrounding hotels.. lol. I'm not a huge fan of clubs for multiple reasons. I don't consider myself a "smoker", it's more of a coping resource (denial) .. but the damned cravings I get from breathing cigarette air in a club for 10-20 minutes don't help that, which makes me avoid clubs/venues where that would happen. I wouldn't say I'm really much of a club person.

I will go support local music if I wanna check out a band or something, specially if it's an outside venue.

Outside of the dangerous city that is Detroit, you really can dress however the hell you want and worry a lot less. The worst I've got is long awkward stares from adults with misconstrued perceptions, or laughed at by random people who are trying to hide an inadequate complex they've created out of fear of individualistic theatricality. There are a lot of places to meet up and do whatever around SE Michigan, like Ann Arbor for example; I'm naming it because I live close to it, and it's well known. When you get a bunch of people together having fun in a public place it tends to have the opposite effect on other people around (at least in my opinion), regardless of what they are wearing.

As for the bbq idea.. Ribs.................. :drool

Honsetly?

Well, Mike isn't one to want to go with, most of my friends have no interest, and Mike isn't to fond of the idea of me going out and getting wasted with a bunch of people HE doesn't know....and refuses to get to know...

Plus, I won't go alone, I will not walk in Detroit alone, I am broke, and I've only been once, so it's not like a big deal to me.

I'm not oppose to going, but it is an ordeal for me....

Just complicated.

The one time I went was because I knew Brenda was in town.

Mike was pre-drunk from the wedding we were at prior to, so it was easy to get him to come with....

Guest Megalicious

I agree with you 100%.Also, I think it stunts reality for some that think that life revolves around the club. I have seen it, it's like they gain a new persona and feel they need to live up to it around certain people. They have to be "club guy/girl" all the time and it gets...well....annoying.

I couldn't agree with this statement more, =).

1. i don't typically have Sat. off, hencefore, i never go.

2. if i did have a chance to go, no one would want to go with me.

3. i kinda don't like to be in places by myself... it's hard to get use when you constantly have someone around then *poof!*... you're by yourself.

I still go but get mad and say I won't. They dont keep up the bathroom. I fell once real bad on that damn wet floor. My ankle still bothers me.

Pick pocketed 3x.

Partner mugged in lot once.....I wondered where he went.....

4 friends cars broken into.

partially trampled once or twice when they were throwing someone out.

But hey, its a goth club....your suppose to go through this crap to hang out......right?