J Marr Joins Modest Mouse

Paper Hearts

http://www.nme.com/news/johnny-marr/23826

After two relatively unsuccessful albums with the Healers, Johnny Marr, former member of bands The Smiths, The The, and Electronic has united with band Modest Mouse, as a "full blown member", after a telephone call from Isaac Brock to JM led to Marr signing on for the writing and recording of the next Modest Mouse album We Were Dead Before The Ship Even Sank (projected to be released early 2007, according to the MM web site). The project has apparently worked out extremely well, as Marr is now slated to tour with MM as a member of the band, beginning late fall.

I found the Healers music pretty bland but I like Modest Mouse quite a bit, so I was happy when I first learned that Marr would be joining on. Unfortunately, no Detroit dates are scheduled for the tour; only LA, NYC, and London will receive perfomances. Why does God hate us?

I like modest mouse's older stuff better then the new stuff I have heard. The Moon over Antartica is a great album. So, I am hoping the new edition will bring some new life into this band for me.

I suppose it all depends on whether the I-need-to-make-some-money Johnny Marr, or the former Smiths/The The/Electronic guitarist/genius Johnny Marr shows up. Generally, he will limit himself to session work if he doesn't really dig a band all that much. Being that he's actually joined Modest Mouse is a decent indication that the genius Marr is involved. Albeit the Healers were unspectacular, but he was doing lead vocals for that band and I think his lyrics were what made that music so dull.

does this mean the modest mouse will lose any of its current line up or are they just getting another member?

plus wait on detroit dates until the cd comes out both shows they played here for good news sold out so theres very little chance they wouldnt make at least one stop here

does this mean the modest mouse will lose any of its current line up or are they just getting another member?

plus wait on detroit dates until the cd comes out both shows they played here for good news sold out so theres very little chance they wouldnt make at least one stop here

I've read a few different articles on Marr joining Modest Mouse, by now, and none of them indicated that Modest Mouse would be losing anyone.

Archived