• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

it's the name of a Japanese goddess (one of the Shinto kami who wandered over to the Buddhist pantheon & fused with Parvati) who is so sensuously lovely that monks fall in love with her image while they're meditating. Some of them even, er, fondle and caress her statue... and if their passion is deep enough she may take human form and become their wife for a time... & she brings them prosperity & good fortune... unless they're unfaithful to her.

You may well ask what that has to do with me... I suppose at one point when I was younger & still full of myself I liked the idea of leading holy men astray... and having them be rewarded for it no less!

my native american folklore fascination.

plus, i often feel like a lady with wolf tendencies? *shrug*

been using the name for.. eep 7 years? dang.

i created it for IRC while playing Vampire: the Masquerade.

somehow putting "lady" infront generated some level of courtesy & respect.

:erm it's just stuck with me since. the name name that is, not always the courtesy LOL

Well, I've been Evilbink for many years and I use it everywhere I go. It is derived from a character in the Piers Anthony series Xanth. Bink is a fella who has a unique ability to never befall any harm. Well I'm just the opposite, I tend to bring about loads of pain. So.. instead of Goodbink I became Evilbink.

• 3 weeks later...

I explained it in another thread, but I love explaining it. Mycroft was a character in 2 Sherlock Holmes stories. He was Sherlock's brother. He was smarter, but lazier than Sherlock and could solve a case without getting up from his chair. The character, although minor, fascinated me and I love the name. As for 220, I ALWAYS stumble across the number 220 somehow. It is weird!

Heyyy, I learned that recently thanks to video games!  This one Counter-Strike server I play on has trivia when you're dead, and the question about Sherlock Holmes' smarter brother has come up a few times

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That is AWESOME! Glad to hear it!

bav stems from IRC where my nick was bavaria.  over time it got shortened to bav to ease typing.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Bavaria as in, southern germany?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Heh....yes, in a roundabout way. It actually stems from having a song from The Illuminatus Trilogy called Age of Bavaria. I just started IRC at that time, needed a handle and had the words to the tune of Age of Aquarius stuck in my head.

That would explain Bav's wacky accent.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That it does. Nothing screams Germany like a Midwestern/Eastern Seaboard mix. >grin<

Where did you get your DGN name from?  Is it just a login that you use here?  Is it a nickname someone gave you?  Speak up, people. . . . .  inquiring minds want to know! :D

Special props to Onyx for being the only member on DGN with a screen name that starts with O !  :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It's my name.

My DGN name...

Is a minor character from The Blue Sword which is the first fantasy novel I ever read. I went with that name for one of my geeky hobbies - SCA (medieval reenactment) because I knew it was one that no one else had, it not being a real historical name and all. And I really hate my real name. My mum was not thinking creatively when she named me.

Archived