I first used this screen name on a site called The Lusty Library when I joined to write erotica for a friend who lives in Ediburgh, Scotland...

My mothers maiden name was Savage, and I use the name Conor Savage for a festival name at ren-faires..... and sometimes perform as a minstrel... hence the name

savageminstrel

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My name comes from the most serene and most terrible place the entire world. A place where people love to explore and no one dares to live. A place of tragedy, and also a place that stands as a reminder of exactly how wrong man can be, and how no matter how sure we are in our means there is always a chance for human error. Also a place where no one can inhabit its land for at least another 700 years and a place that is forbidden and blamed for so many adverse health effects, deaths, and earth damaging rays.

A place of what the world was like before man was here, and more likely, a place that sets an example of what the world will be like if we were gone.

A place of absolute deafening silence for miles and miles around, where all you can hear is the birds.

I'm obsessed with it, I have 100s of pictures and studied it extensively (actually probably as much as I've studied Detroit, however the buildings in Detroit are fucked with all the time. The ones in Chernobyl will stand reliving the same day over and over again for forever.)

If you don't know where it is or what happened there in 1984, look it up. (I'll give you a hint: It's damn close to Russia) It's a living (or dead rather) record for man's mistakes and what exactly can happen when greed takes over common sense.

You know, I WOULD laugh when that Nuclear plant in Japan, ya know, the largest one in the world goes all explody from an earthquake (yes, that area is prone to many earth quakes) Worlds largest nuke plant on one of the top earthquake spots in the world...

yeah...

I WOULD laugh when it explodes and you have to change your name however...

when it explodes, we'll all be dead.

My name is a combo of 2 Ultima Online char. I had..... Lucia and Lilly back in 97 or so....People were more drawn to the name Lilly so it stuck.... now i use Lillylu for just about everything :) and even thoe my real name is April i'll answer to either :)

My name comes from the most serene and most terrible place the entire world. A place where people love to explore and no one dares to live. A place of tragedy, and also a place that stands as a reminder of exactly how wrong man can be, and how no matter how sure we are in our means there is always a chance for human error. Also a place where no one can inhabit its land for at least another 700 years and a place that is forbidden and blamed for so many adverse health effects, deaths, and earth damaging rays.

A place of what the world was like before man was here, and more likely, a place that sets an example of what the world will be like if we were gone.

A place of absolute deafening silence for miles and miles around, where all you can hear is the birds.

I'm obsessed with it, I have 100s of pictures and studied it extensively (actually probably as much as I've studied Detroit, however the buildings in Detroit are fucked with all the time. The ones in Chernobyl will stand reliving the same day over and over again for forever.)

If you don't know where it is or what happened there in 1984, look it up. (I'll give you a hint: It's damn close to Russia) It's a living (or dead rather) record for man's mistakes and what exactly can happen when greed takes over common sense.

WTF who stole chernobyl s account. She doesn't write in full sentences and paragraphs like this.... *calls police*

Also between the weed and partying she has no time for studying. I call shenanigans!

At least it was on topic though. *nods*

WTF who stole chernobyl s account. She doesn't write in full sentences and paragraphs like this.... *calls police*

Also between the weed and partying she has no time for studying. I call shenanigans!

At least it was on topic though. *nods*

Read again sober Troy. :)

"A place of what the world was like before man was here, and more likely, a place that sets an example of what the world will be like if we were gone.

A place of absolute deafening silence for miles and miles around, where all you can hear is the birds."

Those aren't even full sentences in Detroit public schools.... Hehe.

You know, I WOULD laugh when that Nuclear plant in Japan, ya know, the largest one in the world goes all explody from an earthquake (yes, that area is prone to many earth quakes) Worlds largest nuke plant on one of the top earthquake spots in the world...

yeah...

I WOULD laugh when it explodes and you have to change your name however...

when it explodes, we'll all be dead.

All be dead? No no, much of Japan will be contaminated, yes, but not only would nothing most likely be leveled, but if there were a said explosion, it would only level the few surrounding miles, methinks. There's no way they have that much refined uranium in one power plant, sure people can be slightly boneheaded, but not that outrightedly stupid. Could be like another Chernobyl, but I doubt it, with the security systems and lockdown mechanisms, etc. Nuclear power plants are built now specifically so things like that don't happen again.

Read again sober Troy. :)

"A place of what the world was like before man was here, and more likely, a place that sets an example of what the world will be like if we were gone.

A place of absolute deafening silence for miles and miles around, where all you can hear is the birds."

Those aren't even full sentences in Detroit public schools.... Hehe.

See...it has to be me, Troy...I'm still dumb :laugh:

Would you believe I'm a writer?

I write by my own rules.

All be dead? No no, much of Japan will be contaminated, yes, but not only would nothing most likely be leveled, but if there were a said explosion, it would only level the few surrounding miles, methinks. There's no way they have that much refined uranium in one power plant, sure people can be slightly boneheaded, but not that outrightedly stupid. Could be like another Chernobyl, but I doubt it, with the security systems and lockdown mechanisms, etc. Nuclear power plants are built now specifically so things like that don't happen again.

</threadjack>

true, but we're talking it's main support foundation, the earth of wich it's built on going all topsey turvey.. and it's bigger than chernobyl's nuke plant so.. yeah... and next to the ocean, it wouldn't be good

• 1 month later...

Mine was the second screen name I ever picked out, the first one being KES2006 (KES being my initials and 2006 the year I graduated high school... or would graduate since I was 8 when I picked out my first screen name)

Tweetspie I came up with when I was 10 because I was sick of KES2006. Tweets came about because I was OBSESSED with Tweety Bird and, and pie because my mom always has and always WILL call me sweetie pie. So, Tweetspie was born and I haven't looked back since. Well, ok, my AIM SN is Bountyhuntress44, but that's because I already had Tweetspie on AOL and couldn't get it on AIM at the time, but Tweetspie is my livejournal, deviantart, myspace, Gaia, email, youtube, xtube... EVERYTHING account name.

The WWE wrestler; The Undertaker, at one time, referred to his fans as "creatures of the night".

So I stole that, made some grammatical modifications & voila!

haha I was totally thinking you were referring to Rocky Horror Picture Show

I picked this screen name out ages ago and use it for lots of stuff. Dionysus is the god of wine and revelry. People SAY he's Greek, but he actually predates the other Greek gods. He reminds me to have a good time, but to be careful. The dark side of Dionysus is a drunken ass who is dangerous to those around him. I'm sure everyone knows someone like that.

I picked 1999 because it was unique, and easy to remember. And I like the Prince song.

Burrich is the houndsmaster in Robin Hobb’s assassians apprentice series. It is a very obscure name in a relatively obscure fantasy series, and I rarely need to add a bunch of numbers after it to use it as a user name somewhere. As to why I have a 1 after it on this board, I am not sure. Wasn’t thinking when I created my account I guess. Anyway, he is an admirable character who always stands behind what he believes in.

That wasn't a corpse, that was me...screaming from your trunk. Thanks for the breadcrumbs though...

We seem to be meeting like this... is it fate... ::looks around to see if anyone is looking... seing that the coast is clear, cracks a smile:: so that was you laying next to me.. no wonder the trunck was so cramped.... hhmmm (i know, im silly)

Mine came from my obsession with edgar allen poe (the original goth, in my book), and his poem the raven, and the goddess part is from the fact that I am Wicca. wow.. i never thought about where it came from... and now that i know, it all seems to make so much sence... wow....

Found it... that's so sad, really... i mean what happend, not your choice in names

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chernobyl_disaster

http://images.google.com/images?q=chernoby...es&ct=title

All I do is Google stuff, for i have nothing better to do

My name comes from the most terrible place the entire world. A place where people love to explore and no one dares to live. A place of tragedy, and also a place that stands as a reminder of exactly how wrong man can be, and how no matter how sure we are in our means there is always a chance for human error. Also a place where no one can inhabit its land for at least another 700 years and a place that is forbidden and blamed for so many adverse health effects, deaths, and earth damaging rays.

It's a living (or dead rather) record for man's mistakes and what exactly can happen when greed takes over common sense.

OMG, you're describing my psychotic ex.

How long have you known her??

Mine came from a friend's girlfriend way back in the day.

Was over at thier apt. hangin' out and I guess she was trying to talk to me and I was in my own little world. (tended to zone out alot back then.....wait still do)

She called me "Spacin" and it stuck. So I eventualy just went with it.

Better than the nickname "uniballer" I had for awhile. (unfortunate BMX accident involving a halfpipe, a doctor telling me I really "Applesauced it", and me being bedridden for a month)

Archived