Armpits

Paper Hearts

Won't you please shave your armpits, dear woman?  

15 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

she stated that, in her personal opinion (read:preference) armpit hair on a woman is gross. this could be paraphrased as - i don't find armpit hair on a woman attractive. now, is saying that you find something unattractive the same as being sexist?  :blink

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That statement, coming from a bisexual in neutral context, would not normally include the word "woman" unless there was a distinction being made between women and men.

I like to date women and I would not date a man. 

Does that make me sexist? 

I think you're really reaching by using a negative connotated term like "sexist" to describe Gauge's reply here.

Blackmail.... the fact that you have black and mail in your name makes you a black supremicist mailman sexist

And you might be the single biggest douche in the history of the universe.

Oh wait, nvm, that's David Blaine.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The rules clearly state that name-calling is not permitted. This (according to quite a few of us) is also considered malicious and offensive.

Knock it off. NOW. No more name-calling. Thanks.

how have i openly disrespected anyone because they dont shave their pits? also if i were straight and said eww pit hair on girls groose would that make a difference? just wondering because it would seem as tho the only argument you have left is the fact that im bisexual.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

YOU DIDN'T.

That statement, coming from a bisexual in neutral context, would not normally include the word "woman" unless there was a distinction being made between women and men.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

so again i ask, if i wouldve been straight and said it your telling me it would made a difference? if this is true then what your telling me is that only men can be sexist toward women and women toward men.

that your argument is a little weak and maybe you should sit back and really examine what your saying. one min your saying one thing and the next your contradicting

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You're really the only one on here trying to bring my debate skills into question. I don't know why. Carefully read what I'm saying and consider it in its context before you just assume it's baseless.

To prefer to not have sex with a woman who doesn't shave is one thing, but to openly disrespect her is another.

and where, please show me, has anyone of us (phee, gauge, or i) been disrespectful towards women who don't shave their pits!? please show me a quote...

And anyone who's bisexual and hold a different body hair standard to men than to women is definitely harboring a double standard. I was justified in assuming that someone on this thread was, but it turns out my assumption was incorrect.

i know a lot of bisexual people, and almost all of them have some differeing preferences based on whether they pertain to a man or a woman. some like tall guys, but short women, for example - is that sexist? no, it's their personal preference.

You're really the only one on here trying to bring my debate skills into question. I don't know why. Carefully read what I'm saying and consider it in its context before you just assume it's baseless.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

really? cause i see 3 others on here who are questoning you. ive read and considered what your saying - i cant be accountable if you havnt

so again i ask, if i wouldve been straight and said it your telling me it would made a difference? if this is true then what your telling me is that only men can be sexist toward women and women toward men.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No, as a bisexual, you have the unique perspective of seing men and women as equals on the sexual attraction playing field. You are the control group.

A woman who has only platonic relationships with other women who said that pit hair on women is gross would still be reinforcing a sexist standard, ESPECIALLY because she has no sexual interest in women... but what other women on the thread have voiced a preference?

Since you have sexual interest in people independent of their gender, your stereotypes can be examined without regard to your gender identity.

and this, in a nutshell, is my entire point...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I already said a kabillion times that she's not sexist because she denies that she holds different body hair preferences for men and women...

And TA, those bisexuals that DO have gender-specific preferences... do they find short men and tall women "gross?"

I already said a kabillion times that she's not sexist because she denies that she holds different body hair preferences for men and women...

And TA, those bisexuals that DO have gender-specific preferences... do they find short men and tall women "gross?"

perhaps you missed my earlier post - it's not the person whose gross, it's the item in question, which in this case is armpit hair.

ok, if you want it that way, i'll make my point about your point... give me a minute... :erm

Brassfusion, calling someone a sexist (or racist in my situation) is one of the lowest things you can say about someone in my opinion. You can argue all you want how it shouldn't be offensive or use some convaluted formula to explain why you think you are correct but the bottom line is that you make wild and personal accusations against people whom you don't know. Can't you just apologize to Guage?

Any time you apply standards to men but not to women or apply standards to women but not men, you are treating people differently based on sex. WHICH WOULD MAKE YOU A SEXIST.

You're only sexist if you apply standards to men that you don't apply to women, or vice versa.

The sexism part comes in when you disrespect people for their sexual characteristics, whether they're genetic (sex) or acquired (hairy-ass stank pits). Sex doesn't have to have anything to do with it.

how have i openly disrespected anyone because they dont shave their pits?

then by your standards its not sexist.

end of debate - it's not sexist, by your own admission...

Archived