stained vinyl

so i just got some totally wicked gorgeous new vinyl corsets and skirts from lip service.... most of it was white except one red skirt... i left them lying together and when i went to go look at one of the corsets it was all red spotted where it had been lying next to the red... i looked at some of the other pieces and they were splotched red too where they had been near the red.

what do i do to get rid of this????!!!! i JUST bought these things and as we all know lip service stuff is NOT cheap. this is killing me... i tried googling vinyl stain removal but all i get is car upholstry stuff.... can anyone give me any methods of getting rid of the redness???

**UPDATE** everyone should own SHOUT ultra gel stain remover (the one with the lil "stain lifting brush" on top makes me extra specially happy). not only did it remove blue fabric screen printing ink from my long zebra print skirt with only a touch of the gel and not even washing, but it seems to be fading away the dye transfer on my lovely white vinyl. the little spots on the corset have virtually disappeared. the larger blotches on the skirt are proving a bit more stubborn but they are fading and i keep scrubbing at them with the brush on top of the shout bottle and they seem to be going away.

moral of the story

shouting is love.

If the car upholstery stuff is for removing stains from vinyl, maybe it would work... =/

It depends... I'm pretty sure that even though they are called the same thing... they're chemical makeup is a little different. Worth finding that out first.

The stuff they are talking about i have used in the past which will occationally work. For some reason I want to say Armoral. I know i have used that many times in the past to clean my rubber outfits and we also used it at Noir when I used to work there but i don't remember if it can by used on what you are having issues with. Maybe try it on the inside hem and see if it doesn't mess it up first and if it doesn't try and see if it will help at all. Hell, I just got rid of several old pairs of vynal pants that had been in storage for years and stuck together (differant colors and patterns) and just tossed them but I can see how you wouldn't want to do that with new stuff you just got.

Archived