How to dance

socialcontrol

I have been to CC a few times and I really enjoy it there. The thing is, I'm tired of standing around and talking the whole time; I went over and tried to dance and it was horrible. It looks like so much fun but I need help so that next time I dont embarrass myself and everyone I'm with.

Does anyone know of a good website/video where I can learn in the comfort of my own home?

Are there names for different styles?

I don't even know what else to ask :drool

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been to CC a few times and I really enjoy it there. The thing is, I'm tired of standing around and talking the whole time; I went over and tried to dance and it was horrible. It looks like so much fun but I need help so that next time I dont embarrass myself and everyone I'm with.

Does anyone know of a good website/video where I can learn in the comfort of my own home?

These arent set dances. The beauty of C.C. and other goth bars is that you can move any which way. We dont judge cause most of us cant really dance. If it feels good then do it.

YEP!

You don't have to worry about it. ^_^

If you watch closely at everyone....everyone on the dance floor has a different style.

OR NONE AT ALL!

^_^

Its all gooooood.

When I'm out on the dance floor, i just freeze up because i don't know what to do. I just want someplace to start and maybe then I can find my own way.

Honestly the majority of us just move to the music. We dont have no training or do any regular club moves. I used to freeze up too. Alchohol helps a bit.

Find a full length mirror, put on some industrial music and watch yourself move to it. Figure out what looks ok and what looks bad. That's what I did when I first started going to clubs.

And I wouldn't worry. The beauty of City Club is that no matter how bad you think your dancing is, I guarantee you can spot someone else out there who is just as bad.

Hey. I'll be at city Friday and Saturday. ^_^

If you spot me, get at me....we can dance together!

I'll be with Prick on Friday and a cute little dark haired girl that looks a bit like me on Sat.

^_^

If anything, do what Tiger lily advised.

I wanna know more about the friend!

Shes 22 and works at the VG's out here in Fenton.

I don't know a lot about her, were mostly acquaintances but she got a hold of me and wanted to go out on Sat ^_^

If you come Sat I'll introduce you to her. Shes a cutie pie!

Were not going to fight over her are we?

I forget there are others around me and I tend to smack people with my hands LOL

Oh no, maybe I'm asking the wrong people... hahaha just kidding. Thanks for your help. If i go this weekend, I'll probably be by myself(which might be a good thing). If not, I will be there next weekend with my gf(who is just as awkward as I am)

Oh no, maybe I'm asking the wrong people... hahaha just kidding. Thanks for your help. If i go this weekend, I'll probably be by myself(which might be a good thing). If not, I will be there next weekend with my gf(who is just as awkward as I am)

Message me when your going and I will tell ya what Im wearing. I am always easy to find.

When I'm out on the dance floor, i just freeze up because i don't know what to do. I just want someplace to start and maybe then I can find my own way.

You put your right hand in,

You put your right hand out,

And you shake it all about,

You do the hokey pokey

and you turn yourself around

That what it's all about.

I can find some vids & post them later... ;) ALWAYS into helping peoples learn how to pray in the old way :biggrin:

..just DO NOT COPY other dances...take bits & make them yours..make up the rest of the movements "ON THE FLY"...

BE BACK SOON!

You put your right hand out,

And you shake it all about,

You do the hokey pokey

and you turn yourself around

That what it's all about.

No joke, did this at the necto a couple weeks ago.

Then the guy leading it said 'put your penis in" and I left. lol.