I searched, didn't find any threads.

Anyways...

Name: Mugbufugdek

Horde/Tauren/Hunter

lvl 16

Gorithas (new) PVP

I'm on trial until monday, but I'll be picking up the box this weekend.

For anyone that's been playing and have experienced huge problems lately... most of the bugs and crap I've seen seem to be server-side issues, as I'm on a shitty box using opengl, and have experienced none of the bugs reported.

new server = empty = no problems = fast :D

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WoW = World of Warcraft. Most people who play it would know the abbreviation. :wink

Character: Bram, Tauren Warrior

Server: Feathermoon

Faction: Horde

Level (currently): 48

And before any of you hardcore WoW gamers get on me for being on a wuss server, yes, it is a wuss server but I like being able to fish without getting ganked.

my buddy just got me to start a night elf on feathermoon.. don't know if i enjoy night elves.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Make a Tauren. You'll enjoy it much better than Night Elves. :D

(psst, if you're on Feathermoon, you could be in the guild I belong to as well. lol)

Caradina

Alliance Human Priest

Level 44 (But changing rapidly)

Maelstrom PVP/RP

I've been playing about 2 months, pretty hooked. I like it alot! =)

The server issues are annoying lately though! I'm also pretty hit since my Cosmo mods are dead by the recent patch.

I'm also pretty hit since my Cosmo mods are dead by the recent patch.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Try the CT_Mods instead. They work really well, have a lot of versatility and update fairly often. Also, this last patch plus the one before will automatically disable your mods because they are "out of date". Just go into your character screen and re-enable them.

And yes, Horde rawks! :grin

Make a Tauren.  You'll enjoy it much better than Night Elves. :D

(psst, if you're on Feathermoon, you could be in the guild I belong to as well. lol)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i don't belong to any guilds... i don't even think i can join 'em right now since i'm on trial.

as i said, my main char is a tauren/hunter, i just got him to lvl 19.. glad i'm buyin the retail today, since the trial restricts you to lvl 20.

as for alliance vs horde, i plan on playing all chars a bit on each side to decide what i like, but i really enjoy my tauren so far. as for my night elf, i like the elf itself, and being a druid, i just can't stand the forested areas... i like the wide open zones like org, barrens, mulgore..

i don't belong to any guilds... i don't even think i can join 'em right now since i'm on trial.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm not sure if you can belong to a guild while on a trial account; good question. Well, once you do get your permanent account set up, and if you're still playing on Feathermoon, let me know and I'll see if we can get you hooked up.

I searched, didn't find any threads.

Anyways...

Name: Mugbufugdek

Horde/Tauren/Hunter

lvl 16

Gorithas (new) PVP

I'm on trial until monday, but I'll be picking up the box this weekend.

For anyone that's been playing and have experienced huge problems lately... most of the bugs and crap I've seen seem to be server-side issues, as I'm on a shitty box using opengl, and have experienced none of the bugs reported.

new server = empty = no problems = fast :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Where do you get the free trial?

I've been thinking of trying out WoW. I'm currently playing EVE online but its quickly getting tedious so I'm probably quiting it as of today. Right now I'm waiting for Dungeons and Dragons online to come out....it looks very promising.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes DDo does look to be quite promising. Hopefully it will finish beta soon.

If DDO is going to be all instacned like they said im not going to be happy with it. I love the exploration portion of MMO's and without that they are just Diablo rehashed with better graphics

i went back to City of Heros/villians after i got bored with the last crop of mmo's

Where do you get the free trial?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

1. make a free account on fileplanet.com

2. install the download manager, no spyware.

3. go ]here and set up the game for download... the game is huge, so it's better to have the download manager, as it lets you renew downloads.

at the same time, go ]here and set up the 1.9 patch for download.

4. go here and get a trial key.

5. go here with the key and set up an account. you do need a cc# to set up the account.. it will take $1 out to verify the # is valid (which is refunded).

Of course, the easiest way is to install the game from someone you know's discs, then just use the trial key to set up the account.

once you have your account set up, use winzip to unzip the full client, and install. ignore the 1.8 patch that's included and install the 1.9 patch after the game's installed.

the game runs fine for me on an 800mhz p3, 384mb ram, radeon 9600... so if your comp is better than that, you'll be fine.

if you have any troubles let me know

1. make a free account on fileplanet.com

2. install the download manager, no spyware.

3. go ]here and set up the game for download... the game is huge, so it's better to have the download manager, as it lets you renew downloads.

at the same time, go ]here and set up the 1.9 patch for download.

4. go here and get a trial key.

5. go here with the key and set up an account.  you do need a cc# to set up the account.. it will take $1 out to verify the # is valid (which is refunded).

Of course, the easiest way is to install the game from someone you know's discs, then just use the trial key to set up the account.

once you have your account set up, use winzip to unzip the full client, and install.  ignore the 1.8 patch that's included and install the 1.9 patch after the game's installed.

the game runs fine for me on an 800mhz p3, 384mb ram, radeon 9600... so if your comp is better than that, you'll be fine.

if you have any troubles let me know

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

thanx! I know someone at work who might let me use thier disks so I don't have to DL off fileplanet. I may give it a go this week.

thanx! I know someone at work who might let me use thier disks so I don't have to DL off fileplanet. I may give it a go this week.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Either way, make sure you get the 1.9 patch and 1.9-1.9.2 patches off fileplanet so you don't get stuck downloading from Blizzard.

Also, as a trial account there are restrictions:

1. Paying customers have priority for queues, if you don't play a new/low population server, you will be pushed back for other people (gay).

2. Max lvl of 20

3. Skills won't go beyond 100

4. Can't trade, use the auction house, chat in general, or send/receive mail.

These restrictions suck ass, but it will still give you a general idea of whether or not you'll like the game enough to actually pay for it.

If DDO is going to be all instacned like they said im not going to be happy with it. I love the exploration portion of MMO's and without that they are just Diablo rehashed with better graphics

i went back to City of Heros/villians after i got bored with the last crop of mmo's

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

We should be able to find out what people really think of the game now:

One of the most exciting times in the production of a game is the point at which the developers can lift the NDA on their Beta. This is the time that developers and players alike can get a real impression of what people actually think of a game. With that being said, Turbine's Dungeons and Dragons Online: Stormreach has elected to lift their NDA sooner than was expected.

Archived