I like trying to gain a better understanding of people, so in that pursuit:

What keeps you going, day in and day out?

Methamphetamines does not count.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sometimes everything. . . . .I have the entire rest of my life to live for and can do what I want with it. I have people that care about me and I care about them.

Sometimes nothing . . . . it's hard as hell to even get out of bed.

Exedrin, baby :whistling:

no matter how down i could ever get, my kids keep me going. for one, i have to keep going for them. they need me. and two, when i am that down (which has happened but is not often) my love for them just makes EVERYTHING worth it. so basically it is a balance of them needing me and me needing them.

I debated posting my thoughts in this thread for several minutes.

Honestly, nothing keeps me going.  I don't really cling to any hope, I don't hold onto any friends to keep me going...I guess I'm just too stupid and stubborn to lie down and die like I should.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

is it possible for you to make a lifestyle change and find something that "keeps you going" ?

Maybe people should sit and think what they want out of life, then make a plan on how to get there.

I don't know, i think everyone has a reason to live, some people just take longer finding it, some people are looking in the wrong places.

I think somewhere you have something that will keep you going.

I like trying to gain a better understanding of people, so in that pursuit:

What keeps you going, day in and day out?

Methamphetamines does not count.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

When i was a little kid I used to get lost in the woods with my brother and friends and we had some great adventures trying to find our way home.

When I was 16 "violator" by Depeche Mode came out and it blew me away, I was dumbfounded by the sounds I was hearing coming out of my speakers.

When I was 20 I had my first real long term girlfriend.

When I was 25 me and my friend performed synthpop music at Saint Andrews hall in front of 600 people.

I have many great memories just like those. What keeps me going is that all of that can happen again at any time. It can keep happening. Life is wonderful and there is no reason why any of that should stop.

is it possible for you to make a lifestyle change and find something that "keeps you going" ?   

Maybe people should sit and think what they want out of life, then make a plan on how to get there.     

I don't know, i think everyone has a reason to live, some people just take longer finding it, some people are looking in the wrong places.   

I think somewhere you have something that will keep you going.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I've been sitting an thinking about it for almost ten years. I think if I were going to find it, I probably would have by now.

The fact that i know there may be unread posts on DGN of course!

Other than that .. hrmm.. since i've been pondering "whats the point" and "where did it all come from" as my key questions for a good 10 years now, i could go on for 10 pages on this one. But i wont.

Generally i keep going , due to the carrot at the end of the stick and i guess becasue im under the crazy asumption that somehow i might get out of this deal alive. :fear:

Clubbing.................................sad but true.

And knowing I can go out and drive my car really fast.

Making music.

Hanging out with friends.

I pretty much gave up on anything else.

I wake up everyday with the sole function of entertaining myself.

If the only mark I leave on this world is the skidmarks going off the edge of the road on my last fast drive around the mountain then I say "booya!"

(I guess that wouldn't actually be the last mark, I gotta hit the bottom at some point)

no matter how down i could ever get, my kids keep me going. for one, i have to keep going for them. they need me. and two, when i am that down (which has happened but is not often) my love for them just makes EVERYTHING worth it. so basically it is a balance of them needing me and me needing them.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i am getting in the boat with brenda and dyno

There's just so much fun to be had waiting out there. I don't want to miss out on any of it. I want to spend my life wearing fun clothes, going fun places, eating fun food, having fun with my husband, loving fun animals, doing fun things.

I'm here to have fun, and that's what keeps me going. Even during the bad times, I know there's fun waiting for me.

• 7 years later...

What keeps me going is that sense of accomplishment you get when you create something with your own two hands.

Leaving my mark on the things I build/construct and finding ways to make life better for those benefiting from my work...