Blackmail...

Guest Game of Chance

OK I know Im leaving myself open to ridicule as well, but WTF?

"OMD's international commercial breakthrough began with Crush but exploded when "If You Leave," a dull ballad from the Pretty in Pink soundtrack,..."

Can ANYONE who grew up in the 80s back me up here?

All John Hughes theme music from this moment forward shall have total and complete immunity from criticism.

Next thing you know, someone's going to say "Don't You Forget About Me" (from Simple Minds) sucks.

I'm digging up my 80s tunes right now.

I have an old two-fer mixtape.

The two from OMD are If You Leave and Dreaming.

Say what you want about "If you leave" and that era-OMD, I like the earlier stuff which is sort of experimental soundscape stuff, but organized as structured songs.    If I made a mix of my 10 favorite OMD tunes it would be the greatest compilation of all time.

Do it... I would love to hear it!!!

Say what you want about "If you leave" and that era-OMD, I like the earlier stuff which is sort of experimental soundscape stuff, but organized as structured songs.    If I made a mix of my 10 favorite OMD tunes it would be the greatest compilation of all time.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

wouldn't that be more like "the best of" rather than a "compilation"?

I do too, it's just, I find as I hit "that age" I get reminiscent at times, to the music I grew up with, even the mainstream stuff. As a kid you don't usually know the "cool" music til introduced to it by a friend or whatnot.

Experimental Souncdscape stuff...

any of you into Eno???????

I know he's a big producer but I think his personal stuff Id highly underrated.

I was just listening to music for airports :cool

Archived