Tattoos

Soulrev

Yeah so I'm getting my first two tattoos tomorrow.. They're going to be fuckin awesome.. Two ankhs, one on each wrist. 80 bucks each..

I'm a bit nervous but excited at the same time, I don't think it'll be unbearable pain so I think I can deal with it..

I'll post pics tomorrow night, I'm getting them done before class so I'll have to snap some pics after class.

My parents are gunna shit when I come home from college.. Oh well, they always told me if I got a tattoo that I'm not allowed to live there anymore, I plan on moving to the D when I get out of school anyways.

You may want to wait until you have a couple days off from school. (I'm assuming you get weekends off in some fashion?) A man that I work with (in retail) had some colour done on one of his tattoos and he ended up having to cover it up to keep it from getting dusty, dirty, etc. I can only imagine how you'd have to cover tattoos on your wrists near mechanical, oily, greasy items.

Ginevra is right about that actually. You have to keep ointment on a new tat so it dosn't dry out. With the dress code you have to have as well and the type of work you do it would make more sense to wait until a Friday or something.

Well right now for like the next 2 or 3 weeks we're sitting in a classroom so I won't be in the shop at all, they should stay clean no problem.. As far as dress codes they don't give a damn about tattoos as long as they're not obscene (yet you can't have dyed hair or any other forms of expression, go figure)

I think they'll be alright, all I do in class right now is sit and listen to the instructors talk about Ohm's Law and Paralell and Series Circuits.. Yeah I'm learning to be an electrician this phase.. I like it though.

Ok well I didn't wimp out, I got them done.. They felt good.. Really, I liked the pain, I like the work he did, I want more.

My floppy drive took a shit so my digital camera is useless till I get a new one.. I'm going to snap some pics with my friend's camera since it has a USB upload cable, hopefully by this weekend.. These tats are fuckin sweet..

I've already got my next tattoo drawn up.. I've been wanting this one that I just drew up for like 2 years now, I always had it pictured in my head, just never put it on paper, and now that it's on paper it'll be on my lower back hopefully in the next 2 months..

But yeah keep your eyes open in the pictures forum for my tattoos..

Is there a recommended time to wait between tattoos? I realise that if you're inking colour, you need to get it done fairly close together. But it would seem to me that since it's technically piercing the skin and the body is going to be trying to make sure there's no infection and stuff, should one wait a while to get another one? Am I off base?

From a biological point of view I see no reason why you couldn't.. Though like Brenda said you're not going to want to get the same area done again for a while..

Often times tattoos need to be touched up after the healing process especially if they're filled in with color.. Mine will probably end up having tiny little spots where the color didn't quite reach the outline, and the guy said he'd retouch 'em for free if they need it... But I'd have to wait for a good 2 weeks to do so to ensure that they're completely healed.

I liked his tattoo equipment too.. He was using a European style needle set-up.. Better for consistancy and applying the color..

Archived