Bestest ever "goth punk" band

Paper Hearts

Who is the bestest ever?  

16 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Game of Chance

Furs.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I vote for minks. But I know that there are some people who do not consider them to be goth. Personally, I don't care what anyone says. Minks are so much more goth than foxes.

What the fuck is "punk-goth"? Many of these bands were a part of the post-punk movement, and yes, some of them were a part of the early, early goth scene. Christian Death was deathrock and really had nothing to do with punk. Many of them are just "alternative" if anything. A band like 45 Grave would seemingly be more "punk-goth" than most of the others listed...

What the fuck is "punk-goth"?  Many of these bands were a part of the post-punk movement, and yes, some of them were a part of the early, early goth scene.  Christian Death was deathrock and really had nothing to do with punk.  Many of them are just "alternative" if anything.  A band like 45 Grave would seemingly be more "punk-goth" than most of the others listed...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Listen you little snack-ass dairy cracker, you missed the whole thing. I explained that by "goth punk" I simply meant goth rock. I only put that because I didn't want people mistaking goth to mean like NIN or their favorite Sabbath song. Goth was called dark punk or goth punk, when it was new. i was trying to be as accurate as possible to avoid...shit like this. Sorry.

I just don't see how the Psychedelic Furs or P.I.L. fit into anything goth-related. I think you should have put the Damned on the list after all. They were punk, but they definitely had some goth albums too ("The Black Album" and "Phantasmagoria," for instance). NIN is more industrial than anything else. I know that the word "goth" can mean an array of things these days, but I still don't think that this particular label descibes many of the bands listed. Just my cracker-ass, cheezy opinion, dude...

Listen you little snack-ass dairy cracker, you missed the whole thing. I explained that by "goth punk" I simply meant goth rock. I only put that because I didn't want people mistaking goth to mean like NIN or their favorite Sabbath song. Goth was called dark punk or goth punk, when it was new. i was trying to be as accurate as possible to avoid...shit like this. Sorry.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I just don't see how the Psychedelic Furs or P.I.L. fit into anything goth-related.  I think you should have put the Damned on the list after all.  They were punk, but they definitely had some goth albums too ("The Black Album" and "Phantasmagoria," for instance).  NIN is more industrial than anything else.  I know that the word "goth" can mean an array of things these days, but I still don't think that this particular label descibes many of the bands listed.  Just my cracker-ass, cheezy opinion, dude...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well, alright, when you get older and get your own who's the best goth band poll you can do what you want with it.

And I did consider the Damned but I decided that they are more punk than goth. I know the wonders of Phantasmagoria, believe me.

PS

Do sad songs ever make you all soggy from crying?

All of this can be very easily settled any way... the best ever "Goth Punk" band is obviously Billy Idol... I mean c'mon "White Wedding" that says it all... I am not sure why we even made this pole.... actually I am not sure why anyone bothered trying to do music after that song was written...

Archived