The home protection thread

And by this I mean:

Gargoyles and Grotesques 

I love them, and have tons.   This is Silas.  He is solid concrete and is a little over 2 feet tall, and my first bigger outdoor sentry.  I ended up buying a dolly just for him because he is heavy and awkward to lift.  
image.thumb.png.01431d5c5c2175cafb394aa7c3cf4c71.png

What protects your home?   Post them if you got them. 

If the gargoyle spits out acid or the grotesque holds an M16 with an ambulatory motion and body tracking with facial recognition then sure.

Otherwise it's just decoration, but I do like decoration.  I've got three that were given to me but they're the small goes on the desk type.

On a more serious note floodlights with motion detection, a dog, and a shotgun are your best bet when it comes to actual home defense.  If you want to take it a step further or you don't like animals then having sensors on the doors and windows also works.  Could go through a security company but I like to keep things as private as possible, so home automated monitoring with alerts sent to your phone is what I'd recommend.

I have a gnome on a doorway with a crystal I found myself by the tracks

the mythology behind it is

gnomes with doorways to nowhere are portals to the divine realms and thus protecting add a crystal you find yourself and its super charged.

then I have crystals hanging in each window.

once a yr smudge stick around yard.

This is Jonas.  He is my most recent acquisition.  Again, solid concrete.  Maybe 20 inches tall.  He is heavy but not as much as Silas.  He was a pretty sweet deal too.  I think I only paid about 90 bucks for him.  His stand is older and repurposed from another gargoyle who matched its color too closely. 

image.thumb.jpeg.87c6d87c4d1b6624504318af6ec3e192.jpeg

21 hours ago, Burrich1 said:

This is Jonas.  He is my most recent acquisition.  Again, solid concrete.  Maybe 20 inches tall.  He is heavy but not as much as Silas.  He was a pretty sweet deal too.  I think I only paid about 90 bucks for him.  His stand is older and repurposed from another gargoyle who matched its color too closely. 

image.thumb.jpeg.87c6d87c4d1b6624504318af6ec3e192.jpeg

I have a small resin cast one in my deck I got from my kids. it holds a tea light.

10 hours ago, gwen said:

I have a small resin cast one in my deck I got from my kids. it holds a tea light.

You should post a picture.  I have 2 different ones inside that hold tea lights.   They both came from a shop at the ren fair in different years.  I can’t remember the name of the shop but they had a lot of resin wall hangings and things for shelves. I think it was somewhere close to the archery area.  I will post them next.  

• 2 weeks later...

My tea light gargoyles.  I never researched the names of my numerous indoor gargoyles, although the fella on the right looks like my first post, Silas.  Just the big concrete guys outside.  They are the heavy lifters when it comes to home protection anyway.  😂

These 2 normally sit up on a dusty china cabinet.  They are the couple that came from the shop I can’t remember the name of at the ren fair but in different years.  

image0.jpeg

3 hours ago, Burrich1 said:

My tea light gargoyles.  I never researched the names of my numerous indoor gargoyles, although the fella on the right looks like my first post, Silas.  Just the big concrete guys outside.  They are the heavy lifters when it comes to home protection anyway.  😂

These 2 normally sit up on a dusty china cabinet.  They are the couple that came from the shop I can’t remember the name of at the ren fair but in different years.  

image0.jpeg

Do they actually gargle fire?  :P

• 3 weeks later...

This is Orson. He is almost 19 inches tall and made from concrete.  He’s Not as heavy as most of my other larger outdoor fellas (just under 50 lbs).  I love how goofy looking he is.  Especially his warts.  Some, (my wife) has mentioned in the past that he is not a gargoyle but in fact an ogre.  It seems whenever this has been brought up, I can only hear mumbling and other incoherent words.  He was added around the same time as Jonas (posted above) to make up for a several year dry spell of adding large concrete outdoor gargoyles.

IMG_1924.jpeg

• 1 month later...