(Unofficial)02/10/24 Smalls Black Hearts Ball aftermath thread

Ok, nostalgia has gotten the better of me.  It wasn’t a DGN night, but there was a handful of “the old guard” at smalls this evening, and it’s been a long time since I’ve seen an aftermath thread.  It was insanely crowded, with the dance floor being shoulder to shoulder, so I didn’t get a chance to talk to everyone I saw.    Plus I’m a little bit inebriated since my wife is getting tattooed tomorrow, had to stay sober and got taken advantage of as the designated driver, so here I go.

Xilliatoxic was working the door and looked amazing as she always does.  It always makes me smile to see her.

The Gimp was everywhere.  I am so sorry to hear about his car issues but glad business is about to pick up.  We had some good laughs like always and hopefully can hang next Friday at the dark side of the moon laser light show. 

His partner Nienna and I were waxing nostalgic some Troy and other old board stories.  The floor was pretty crowded but we both got a little much needed time on it.

I didn’t talk to Pleasurekatzen but her set was the amazing old school 80’s and 90’s dark wave you would expect and love.  I saw her share a smile with Aaron Hingst on stage when they were switching off, knew amazing things were about to happen, and wasn’t wrong. 

Msterbeau was awesome to see again.  (Talk about old guard 😉) Funny story, I happened to see an almost 20 year old picture of him with hair today while creeping on old posts here and had to share that with him.  Glad we got a chance to share part of the dance floor for a bit.

I never said hi, and neither of them would likely remember me, but both Phee and Odims_Sphere were both sitting at a table in the front room. Likely because the dance floor was so full.  Hopefully they got out there after I left and things started quieting down. 

and my personal favorite for the evening, Aequorea made a rare appearance.  I feel like we have had many near misses lately but both my wife and I agree your are our favorite person to run into at the club. Sorry I was already 3gins in when you showed up, but I really appreciate all the hugs.

I am sure there were others, but anyone who follows what I post knows I’m more of an introverted lurker and years go drinking gin has definitely clouded my memory, so apologies.  I did go up to a random person who looked like Slogo did 17 years ago towards the end of the night but even as I was asking him if he was Slogo,‘I realized we were all older and there was no possible way.  I was right.  It wasn’t him.  🤷🏻‍♂️

Edited by Burrich1
Edited for drunken grammar

• Burrich1 changed the title to (Unofficial)02/10/24 Smalls Black Hearts Ball aftermath thread

I know someone went to this He had to drive around a great lake or something it was far but fun.

https://www.jsonline.com/picture-gallery/entertainment/music/2024/02/11/5th-annual-goth-prom-202/72555898007/

2 hours ago, gwen said:

I know someone went to this He had to drive around a great lake or something it was far but fun.

Woah. I’m not sure I’ve ever been to a local Detroit event with 600 members of our community.  (Not counting concerts).   Even something more national level like Convergence 24 back in 2018 didn’t bring anything close to those numbers.  Dirty show I guess, but that’s more of the fetish scene.   Theatre Bazaar probably, but that’s hardly a goth event.      I know we have the people too.  I’ve seen them at concerts.  Too bad there aren’t many anymore that are up for an event like this locally.  

Maybe Halloween and New Years in the mid to late 2000’s (07-10) at City Club back in the Fire Marshall busting days?  It was hard to judge at a place like City, packed shoulder to shoulder thru all the different rooms.  Especially when they opened other areas of the Leland like the Ballroom or some of the other bars in the building.   Hard to tell how many were actually there.  

We have the people here to fill an event like this up too. I mean we do support a handful of weekly, monthly, and more than monthly events within an hour drive.   We are hardly a goth desert like most of the rest of the country.   I wish things were different.  Way to go Milwaukee!

Edited by Burrich1

On 2/11/2024 at 2:43 AM, Burrich1 said:

Ok, nostalgia has gotten the better of me.  It wasn’t a DGN night, but there was a handful of “the old guard” at smalls this evening, and it’s been a long time since I’ve seen an aftermath thread.  It was insanely crowded, with the dance floor being shoulder to shoulder, so I didn’t get a chance to talk to everyone I saw.    Plus I’m a little bit inebriated since my wife is getting tattooed tomorrow, had to stay sober and got taken advantage of as the designated driver, so here I go.

Xilliatoxic was working the door and looked amazing as she always does.  It always makes me smile to see her.

The Gimp was everywhere.  I am so sorry to hear about his car issues but glad business is about to pick up.  We had some good laughs like always and hopefully can hang next Friday at the dark side of the moon laser light show. 

His partner Nienna and I were waxing nostalgic some Troy and other old board stories.  The floor was pretty crowded but we both got a little much needed time on it.

I didn’t talk to Pleasurekatzen but her set was the amazing old school 80’s and 90’s dark wave you would expect and love.  I saw her share a smile with Aaron Hingst on stage when they were switching off, knew amazing things were about to happen, and wasn’t wrong. 

Msterbeau was awesome to see again.  (Talk about old guard 😉) Funny story, I happened to see an almost 20 year old picture of him with hair today while creeping on old posts here and had to share that with him.  Glad we got a chance to share part of the dance floor for a bit.

I never said hi, and neither of them would likely remember me, but both Phee and Odims_Sphere were both sitting at a table in the front room. Likely because the dance floor was so full.  Hopefully they got out there after I left and things started quieting down. 

and my personal favorite for the evening, Aequorea made a rare appearance.  I feel like we have had many near misses lately but both my wife and I agree your are our favorite person to run into at the club. Sorry I was already 3gins in when you showed up, but I really appreciate all the hugs.

I am sure there were others, but anyone who follows what I post knows I’m more of an introverted lurker and years go drinking gin has definitely clouded my memory, so apologies.  I did go up to a random person who looked like Slogo did 17 years ago towards the end of the night but even as I was asking him if he was Slogo,‘I realized we were all older and there was no possible way.  I was right.  It wasn’t him.  🤷🏻‍♂️

Sligo was at the NYE Small’s event

3 hours ago, KatRN05 said:

I missed it. I love Smalls. But I went to the Dirty show. 

Next time you’re there,

come say hi.  You can join my wife swapping nurse and EMT  stories with The Gimp. (After you heard my 2 wilderness first aid stories and my story of someone actually falling on a beaver dam in college and perforating their rectum, I’ve run out of good medical stories.) 98% of the time at Smalls we are either sitting on the edge of the stage or at one of the 3 round tables in the front room.  I remember meeting you years ago but we haven’t spoken in ages. 

13 hours ago, Burrich1 said:

Next time you’re there,

come say hi.  You can join my wife swapping nurse and EMT  stories with The Gimp. (After you heard my 2 wilderness first aid stories and my story of someone actually falling on a beaver dam in college and perforating their rectum, I’ve run out of good medical stories.) 98% of the time at Smalls we are either sitting on the edge of the stage or at one of the 3 round tables in the front room.  I remember meeting you years ago but we haven’t spoken in ages. 

Next time I’m able to get out to Small’s, I’ll see if you are going.  I have tons of stories from my trauma days. 

4 minutes ago, Destroit said:

I didn't go but these are the kind of threads I miss.

Me too. I was all drunk and nostalgic posting about missing it in the how are you feeling thread and Tron told me to just do it.  

• 1 month later...
On 2/15/2024 at 7:38 AM, KatRN05 said:

Next time I’m able to get out to Small’s, I’ll see if you are going.  I have tons of stories from my trauma days. 

It was nice to meet you(possibly again) last night.  Sorry it was only for a few minutes with @Nienna.  My wife wanted to head out to the dance floor.  Next time we can all share crazy nurse stories. 

8 hours ago, Burrich1 said:

It was nice to meet you(possibly again) last night.  Sorry it was only for a few minutes with @Nienna.  My wife wanted to head out to the dance floor.  Next time we can all share crazy nurse stories. 

No worries! It was nice to meet you both too! I have so many crazy stories to share.