A REAL Fucking GOTH night!!!

Saturday, December 2
A special evening at Hamtramck’s High Dive:

B L A C K P L A N E T
Goth | Deathrock | Batcave | Dark Post-Punk

No industrial. No EBM. No techno. Just the haunting moody vibes of acts like Sisters of Mercy, Bauhaus, Corpus Delicti, UK Decay, The Damned, Cinema Strange, Killing Joke, Christian Death, Siouxsie and The Banshees, Birthday Party, The Cure, Joy Division and PLENTY PLENTY more.
A TRUE GOTH NIGHT!

DJ Justin Carver & DJ Church provide the tunes from extensive goth vinyl collections!

For those who haven’t been to the High Dive - it’s the perfect atmosphere for Black Planet with its salvaged architectural arches transformed into stunning art pieces.
No dress code, but goth attire is always encouraged!

9pm - 2am | 21+ | $5
The High Dive
11474 Joseph Campau Ave, Hamtramck, MI 48212

Come lurk in the shadows!

Black Planet Flyer.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Well I went, and there were no real issues.

Though there were some musings about how Small's announced a ReCure night on the same night two days after this was announced.  They are the Trump of goth clubs.

Turnout was as you would expect.

As my friend Mike said, I'm also silently judging everyone who didn't show up.

I took off early to go to Black Salt, which now closes at 1 AM instead of 2 AM on Friday/Saturday, so it's a good thing I left at 12:45 PM.

I'd have gone back but Noelle S. was working the door (so I may skip out on the next one) and whether or not they'd give me shit and try to charge me again is anybodies guess, so I just took off for home.

It was good seeing @DJ Saint, @DJDeadbeat, and Sharktoof though, plus my other friends who showed up.  Though I missed @Serxera, Aria, and Tanja since they went to Asylum first and arrived after I left.  So they're the only ones with a good excuse IMO.

Edited by Scary Guy

2 hours ago, Scary Guy said:

Well I went, and there were no real issues.

Though there were some musings about how Small's announced a ReCure night on the same night two days after this was announced.

Turnout was as you would expect.

They are the Trump of goth clubs.

As my friend Mike said, I'm also silently judging everyone who didn't show up.

I took off early to go to Black Salt, which now closes at 1 AM instead of 2 AM on Friday/Saturday, so it's a good thing I left at 12:45 PM.

I'd have gone back but Noelle S. was working the door (so I may skip out on the next one) and whether or not they'd give me shit and try to charge me again is anybodies guess, so I just took off for home.

It was good seeing @DJ Saint, @DJDeadbeat, and Sharktoof though, plus my other friends who showed up.  Though I missed @Serxera, Aria, and Tanja since they went to Asylum first and arrived after I left.  So they're the only ones with a good excuse IMO.

Who's the "Trump of goth clubs"?

Small's is welcome to do their own thing and Justin/Myself will do nights for you all. It's not a competition to us - different deeper music and different vibe. From the feedback heard - we gave those who attended, a unique experience they don't get weekly elsewhere.  All good to us. 

Crowd was good IMO. We were happy those who chose to come to Black Planet did so.

Noelle has no issue with you Scary Guy, and likely wouldn't have given you any shit for re-entry. 

It was good to see you friend, but please leave the negativity and 'head scenarios' at home. Don't let that self-imposed shit ruin a good time. Worry about yourself versus others and come out for the next one - enjoy the music, friends and High Dive. ;)

Edited by DJ Saint

1 hour ago, DJ Saint said:

Noelle has no issue with you Scary Guy, and likely wouldn't have given you any shit for re-entry. 

That's news to me since it seems like to them that I'm the second worst person on the planet because I'm friends with their ex (who is the first.) They literally told me to "pick a lane" and I went with the person who didn't ask me to choose.  If They're over that though then that's fantastic, but still fuck them for being that petty in the first place.

1 hour ago, DJ Saint said:

Who's the "Trump of goth clubs"?

Sorry, I meant Small's.  I had this formatted better in my head.  I'll fix that to make it more clear.  Also, fuck Trump.

Edited by Scary Guy
Fucking forgot the pronouns.