How will you die / what is your exit strategy?

Scary Guy

Not a fun topic, but a post in another thread got me thinking about it (again.) So, given that you may be lucky enough to pick how you go, how would you prefer to die and what would you prefer happen with your remains?

Assuming I'm dying, again I will do all of the drugs then drift off on the wildest trip ever (I never do drugs so I expect it will be amazing.)

Here's a very old post that I made detailing the after.  That email no longer exists, and some of my wishes/views have changed since then but it's still mostly accurate.  Looks like I last updated it in 2011 before they froze that site as an art thing.

I intend to OD on something strong, but not in my house. I don't want my wife to be the one who finds me.

I don't partake in opiates of any kind. Hell I don't even smoke weed. I'm close to straight edge so it shouldn't take much.

I'll even be kind enough to make sure I'm found my medics and not the public. I'll tell 911 where I am and what I am doing as I do it.

59 minutes ago, Raev said:

I'll even be kind enough to make sure I'm found my medics and not the public. I'll tell 911 where I am and what I am doing as I do it.

I don't think I'd go that far just in case they make it in time.

I think a smart watch that detects pulse and then notifies the police after it doesn't detect anything for like an hour would be best.  Sort of a literal dead man's switch.

I'm not sure how I'm going to go, but I've had a sinking feeling I'm going to die young. If i go before I'm 40, I won't be surprised.

It won't be because of anything i do to myself. Probably a car accident or a disease or something. I'm fond of living, despite the trials I find myself in, and wouldn't kill myself.

20 minutes ago, et-novum said:

I'm not sure how I'm going to go, but I've had a sinking feeling I'm going to die young. If i go before I'm 40, I won't be surprised.

It won't be because of anything i do to myself. Probably a car accident or a disease or something. I'm fond of living, despite the trials I find myself in, and wouldn't kill myself.

Gotta be honest, I thought I'd be dead by 32 when I was about your age, so you'll probably be fine.

If I were diagnosed with some terminal illness thst was going to kill me slowly and painfully I would just start doing some heavy narcotics in ridiculously dangerous amounts.

But that's depressing.

If I'm going for laughs I want some Rube Goldberg-esque devices that just constantly mangles my corpse. 

Something that kills me immediately, but then I go on a conveyor belt of some sort where a bunch of machines pummel me.

44 minutes ago, Slogo said:

If I were diagnosed with some terminal illness thst was going to kill me slowly and painfully I would just start doing some heavy narcotics in ridiculously dangerous amounts.

But that's depressing.

If I'm going for laughs I want some Rube Goldberg-esque devices that just constantly mangles my corpse. 

Something that kills me immediately, but then I go on a conveyor belt of some sort where a bunch of machines pummel me.

Old age, over 100, around friends who became my family and plants, with a dog. In nature, warmth of the Summer/spring, a bed out in the woods of my hidden country property. Then buried either in one of those fungus coffins or tree pod coffins. 

Edited by Queen of Foxes

Every time I see, or hear this question, I keep thinking of that song “Death By Misadventure.” And then I’ll start singing it out loud, much to the disappointment of many. But I have to say I would prefer to either go out extremely quickly and/or painlessly. I really don’t want to feel it. I don’t want to suffer. I don’t feel like suffering is a requirement.

• 1 month later...
6 hours ago, Slogo said:

This shit keeps up it'll be when the upper brass at my work is here with potential investors. They won't care if I die, but they will if I fuck with their profit margins

Are they making you do unsafe shit?  Collect lots of evidence and then get OSHA and the DOL on their ass.  Your well being isn't ever worth their profits, or yours.

5 hours ago, Scary Guy said:

Are they making you do unsafe shit?  Collect lots of evidence and then get OSHA and the DOL on their ass.  Your well being isn't ever worth their profits, or yours.

No. We were bought by another company and they've managed to fuck me over countless times because of it. I just want to take a header off the parking garage when they try to show off how great they are

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, gwen said:

thanks. I am giving up pot. it's making my heart beat funny big x  I had no idea it did all this stuff to your heart

kids do your research on these edibles and smoking 

my heart was about to pop out of my chest

and it hurt like hell.

edibles and stress= heartattack!

I officially have nothing to use for pain.

sobriety and opioid allergy.

this is going to suck ballz 

last time they gave me a vicodin I puked for 2 hrs.

I think non narcotic pain management does exist, but it does also kinda suck.

Pain management is a joke in this country though.  They look at you and judge you for wanting pain meds, and you're fucked if you even look just a little bit odd.  They somehow think you're faking it just to get high.  Yes, the high of not being in fucking pain anymore.

I knew a goth girl who looked great but got tired of dealing with the bullshit (also CPS which is another story) and she gave up the look to go all Donna Reed/Betty Crocker/1950s bullshit by wearing normie clothes, dying her hair natural colors, removing her piercings, and hiding her tattoos as best she could.

Society forces you to conform or it shuns you and pretends like you don't exist.  Either that or it tries to imprison you to where you actually don't exist in it for a while.

I love those who refuse to conform because they make it better for everyone.

• 1 month later...
31 minutes ago, gwen said:

probably die on the operating table tonight

it will be baby daddy's wish come true

he's been trying to off me or get me off'd  since I escaped the biker gang yrs ago.

he's probably got that angela dumbar witch lighting her black candles and blowing her majickal crack smoke in my direction right now

doing her crazy psycho scribble doodles in my direction 

lol

it only works if you believe it does so

my ancestry 

is stiwinter 

we die young.

if it happens 

don't feed your crazy dope dealer ego with it.

it's just

seriously our inbred hillbilly genes

and environmental pollutants plus yrs of bad habits that

I completely take credit for 

so that's that.

I lied about being

diabetic 

thyroid disorder 

heart problems 

why? 6 months of unnecessary testing for surgery that's why

8 times now out on da table

once after partying REALLY HARD the night before so

I will probably survive.

I live if only to spite a few assholes.  I'm going to try to outlast them just so they can't get the satisfaction.  Fuck them.

I hope you make it through okay so you can do that as well.

It all depends.  I've always envied the animals.  They don't know anything about death; they just live until they can't anymore.  That's my plan.  As the old, OLD song goes, "I'm happy to live 'til I die."

Of course, all of that changes if I get "the diagnosis."  :)

4 hours ago, Stu said:

I've always envied the animals.  They don't know anything about death; they just live until they can't anymore.

That's not exactly true.  Most know some type of fear and have an instinct of not wanting to be dead.  Some animals will mourn the loss and may even have a type of funeral for the deceased.  Some of those will even just give up and do things like refuse to eat or leave the area protecting the corpse if they lose an offspring.  It's quite heartbreaking and almost enough to make one stop eating meat.

...almost, I still want my fucking burger, and many wouldn't hesitate to eat us either.

17 hours ago, Scary Guy said:

That's not exactly true.  Most know some type of fear and have an instinct of not wanting to be dead.  Some animals will mourn the loss and may even have a type of funeral for the deceased.  Some of those will even just give up and do things like refuse to eat or leave the area protecting the corpse if they lose an offspring.  It's quite heartbreaking and almost enough to make one stop eating meat.

...almost, I still want my fucking burger, and many wouldn't hesitate to eat us either.

Having a fear instinct isn't the same as knowing of or contemplating death.  Yes, some higher animals, like elephants, seem to grasp the idea, but my bet is that they're in the minority.

I have a theory on animal intelligence.  I think that the more intelligent a creature is, the more delicious it is.  That's why pork is so damned tasty!  😄