Liquid red Detroit, token lounge on the 9th

Liquid red Detroit is an adult fetish and kink ball. With a fashion show featuring designs from Liquid Red and Danmigadesigns, with models such as Miss copper, Kon Larson, Lux Black and more! will have a few performances and a spanking contest. We hope to see you people here with us that night

9pm at the token lounge on the 9th of September 

this is NOT FAMILY FRIENDLY

IMG_20230904_054722_753.jpg

11 minutes ago, SlavicGoth said:

Liquid red Detroit is an adult fetish and kink ball. With a fashion show featuring designs from Liquid Red and Danmigadesigns, with models such as Miss copper, Kon Larson, Lux Black and more! will have a few performances and a spanking contest. We hope to see you people here with us that night

9pm at the token lounge on the 9th of September 

this is NOT FAMILY FRIENDLY

IMG_20230904_054722_753.jpg

More info: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/liquid-red-detroit-2023-tickets-561333843637

Unfortunately I'll have my birthday party that night.  I'm also not paying $35-$300 to get in and get overpriced soda at The Token.

1 hour ago, sglgothmom said:

they need to find a bigger space next year.

Yeah, I was also worried about that.  It's not like Token is that big, and there aren't many major fetish events to go to (at least not large enough for me to hear about them.)

What the hell ever happened to Bert's Warehouse anyway?  I haven't been there or even heard about it in a long time.  That place is huge though.  I'm not really into the whole fetish thing myself even though I've DJed quite a few events for Noir back in the day.  Never did DJ at Berts but I got invited to just hang out with my hearse parked out front for The Detroit Erotica Ball one year, and that was a lot of fun.

City Club is also fairly sizable too, but that building is gross.  Token may not be so bad if they removed all the tables, but I'm going to guess that they did not do that.  Maybe something like Harpo's would work?  (But not actually Harpo's because it's in a shit area.)

Honestly I feel like you'd want a venue large enough to comfortably accommodate everyone, but not so large to where it requires a police presence.

48 minutes ago, Scary Guy said:

What the hell ever happened to Bert's Warehouse anyway?

That's funny because I was wondering the same thing.  I actually remember when city club did host all the kink events in the ballroom.  I am into that scene and I don't know about a lot of events either.  However I did hear that hellbound is coming back so I'm interested to see where that will be held.  

Blondies would be bigger then the token but I don't think they would allow the event.  And your right the token could give more space if they moved chairs but as it was they only had 3 exhibition set ups. One of them being outside in the smoking area at token.  And then there was only 4 merch spots 

2 minutes ago, sglgothmom said:

That's funny because I was wondering the same thing.  I actually remember when city club did host all the kink events in the ballroom.  I am into that scene and I don't know about a lot of events either.  However I did hear that hellbound is coming back so I'm interested to see where that will be held.  

Blondies would be bigger then the token but I don't think they would allow the event.  And your right the token could give more space if they moved chairs but as it was they only had 3 exhibition set ups. One of them being outside in the smoking area at token.  And then there was only 4 merch spots 

Well, I do know that the ballroom is permanently closed because the ceiling is caved in partly.

Blondies could be good depending on who owns it.  If it's still that guy who's a wanabe Russian gangster then I'd avoid it.  That's also why I'd avoid Harpo's too.  Oh, I guess they're the same thing now anyway https://www.harposlive.com/single-post/2017/02/27/A-New-Beginning

3 minutes ago, Scary Guy said:

Well, I do know that the ballroom is permanently closed because the ceiling is caved in partly.

Blondies could be good depending on who owns it.  If it's still that guy who's a wanabe Russian gangster then I'd avoid it.  That's also why I'd avoid Harpo's too.  Oh, I guess they're the same thing now anyway https://www.harposlive.com/single-post/2017/02/27/A-New-Beginning

Alot of the venues for large crowds are extremely hard to find and I see why many don't choose the Russell they take forever with setting up the lease.  I have a friend d about to rent a space there and he's been waiting 3 weeks for the move in date still 

1 hour ago, sglgothmom said:

Alot of the venues for large crowds are extremely hard to find and I see why many don't choose the Russell they take forever with setting up the lease.  I have a friend d about to rent a space there and he's been waiting 3 weeks for the move in date still 

I think it's more to do with everyone charging a goddamn arm and a leg and nickel/diming everyone to death along with the state and insurance companies.  Unless you own the building outright and are wealthy from other endeavors it's a losing battle.  I think that's why so many people use them as a tax writeoff (and those tend to be the best because they literally do not care about profit at those places.)