The Michigan Mausoleum Podcast

I saw there's a brand new podcast - literally the first episode came out today - about the Goth scene in Michigan. It's hosted by Rocas Durran and it's primarily about the Lansing and Grand Rapid scenes at the moment. They talk about music (Danzig, Depeche Mode, Goth Brooks),  the new Junction event in Lansing, and some other upcoming stuff. They also have some interviews with organizers from the GR area. I thought it was pretty good! but i'm an admitted baby bat and everything new seems good to me XD

They're only on Spotify at the moment but it should be free to listen to, and they also have an associated Facebook group (1404458557016990https://www.facebook.com/groups/1404458557016990/)

Oh I'm still salty over them moving Convergence, and apparently I'm not even mentioned in their wiki for it?  That's nice (bastards) I mean they could have at least put me in whatever that "Drama" section is. Though I may have edited out my credit on the application website because every applicant needed to create one and I had done the one for Detroit, and I was pretty angry over all of it.  Detroit won because it deserved to and I'm half assed good at what I do.

So basically they were going to hold it at Harpo's when the oldest goth club in the city is City Club (since 1983!) and then Kat got on Failbook and started shitting on us and got it moved to Small's which pissed me off so much I quit going completely for a while (that was the first time.) Stopped going to World Goth Day too.

I have all this shit written down somewhere, but it's on another hard drive in cold storage (which I need to dig out anyway.)

40 minutes ago, et-novum said:

Grand Rapid scenes

Also  there was some mention of Goth Camping and it turns out there just wasn't enough people who bought tickets. Which makes sense, they did spread it over two weekends and committed themselves to selling out the entire campground. They didn't allow it to scale.

25 minutes ago, et-novum said:

I didn't realized there was bad blood between you and them 😅

I'm going to pull the new and naive card and say that I both didnt know and that I'm going to try to involve myself with them anyway.

Well, I seem to can't find any information on it on here.  I'm pretty sure I posted something though back in the day but a search for it pulled up nada.

Anyway I've always said you support who you want.  Go to Small's too I don't really care, but you'll never see my ass there.

24 minutes ago, et-novum said:

Also  there was some mention of Goth Camping and it turns out there just wasn't enough people who bought tickets. Which makes sense, they did spread it over two weekends and committed themselves to selling out the entire campground. They didn't allow it to scale.

As long as it doesn't compete with MANFAST I'm happy.  There are too many people stepping on too many toes already.

Edited by Scary Guy

6 minutes ago, Scary Guy said:

As long as it doesn't compete with MANFAST I'm happy.  There are too many people stepping on too many toes already.

Again, new and naive and my only connections to the scene are here on DGN right now, but what would constitute competition? I hope people don't only pick one they want to do and instead say "wow! two camping events" like I do. Sticking it on the same weeked would definitely suck though.