The Jangling Man: The Martin Newell Story (2022)

https://defiltipitall.monster/movies/play/22334238-the-jangling-man-the-martin-newell-story-2022 Better link without the tracking bit.

Also thanks, watching it now.

EDIT: Fuck, I was looking him up on Wikipedia and saw he has Autism and https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Developmental_coordination_disorder which I apparently have as well!  So thanks for this because I had no idea who this guy was, so this is more music for me to check out too.

Edited by Scary Guy
I learned something about myself

14 hours ago, Scary Guy said:

https://defiltipitall.monster/movies/play/22334238-the-jangling-man-the-martin-newell-story-2022 Better link without the tracking bit.

Also thanks, watching it now.

EDIT: Fuck, I was looking him up on Wikipedia and saw he has Autism and https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Developmental_coordination_disorder which I apparently have as well!  So thanks for this because I had no idea who this guy was, so this is more music for me to check out too.

He makes some great post-punk/new wave/80's pop kind of music.  I had no idea he had autism until yesterday, but I think he is some sort of legitimate musical and poetic savant who is probably less popular only because in rebellious fashion, he didn't like the studio, didn't like dealing with the record companies, and wanted to make music at home more than tour.  Here a couple of his songs I love:

Edited by Class-Punk

On 7/17/2023 at 3:57 AM, Scary Guy said:

Holy fuck. I have this. I never knew there was a name for it and I only ever knew it as the time I had motor control issues as a kid. Thank God I've resolved the bigger issues but I still have some small lingering things I think I can attribute to that. I should check if I got a formal diagnosis.

1 hour ago, et-novum said:

Holy fuck. I have this. I never knew there was a name for it and I only ever knew it as the time I had motor control issues as a kid. Thank God I've resolved the bigger issues but I still have some small lingering things I think I can attribute to that. I should check if I got a formal diagnosis.

I'm not saying it...  because I don't need to.  :P

2 minutes ago, Scary Guy said:

m not saying it...  because I don't need to.  😛

I know what you're going to say 😅 but I checked with my mom. This is not what I had, I had midline development problems (which might be related idk).

1 minute ago, et-novum said:

I know what you're going to say 😅 but I checked with my mom. This is not what I had, I had midline development problems (which might be related idk).

Still quite possible, go get tested in any case for all three.  I actually doubt the Autism too since if you do have it you're very high functioning.  Maybe look up a list of common traits though and see if any really stand out.

1 hour ago, Scary Guy said:

Still quite possible, go get tested in any case for all three.  I actually doubt the Autism too since if you do have it you're very high functioning.  Maybe look up a list of common traits though and see if any really stand out.

We've gotta stop pulling this into unrelated threads. I appreciate the advice though, maybe there's a different thread that's more suited for this or we could move to DMs? I actually really appreciate your advice on this but we're derailing threads too often...

2 minutes ago, et-novum said:

We've gotta stop pulling this into unrelated threads. I appreciate the advice though, maybe there's a different thread that's more suited for this or we could move to DMs? I actually really appreciate your advice on this but we're derailing threads too often...

X-D

I'll see if I can find something.  But it's fun to see conversations evolve.

One of the problems with being ADHD is that I keep forgetting to stay on topic.

Anyway, this was a great movie.

On 7/18/2023 at 12:44 PM, et-novum said:

I carry around the spirit of messiness so I generally have zero problem with people derailing my threads.

Edited by Class-Punk

2 hours ago, Class-Punk said:

That's true.  It might be a right hemisphere brain dominant thing as well.

As far as actually staying on topic goes here are my thoughts on that.

The natural order of things is to evolve, and conversations will evolve over time like a game of telephone.  Restricting where ideas go and how they evolve has never really worked out well and it's useless to police it.

However, there is a bit of netiquette (it's even in the RFC) to try to stay on topic.  I do think splitting off topic conversations into their own threads is fine too.

But in the end everyone is free to run their communities how they like and as they see fit.

Edited by Scary Guy