Hi there!  I met a few folks at the Pop Up Goth Night memorial event for Troy last Friday.  Sadly I did not know Troy, but I saw the event on Facebook and wanted to support the fundraiser. I’m still trying to figure out this website.  I am a 40+ goth living in Westland.  I’m married and have a wonderful little girl.  I enjoy sewing, gardening, rock & mineral collecting, camping, hiking and dancing to dark music.  I spend most of my time on the dance floor when I go to goth bars.  I am a semi-regular at Small’s these days.  I would love to get more involved in meet ups outside of the goth bar, such as picnics, museum visits, going to the movies, etc. 

F1A9104C-F590-45E0-AF86-255EEC67874C.jpeg

Greetings and may I officially Welcome you to DGN!

Thank you for your posts and introduction.  Please feel free to continue to browse the forum and join in on any topics that you may find of interest to you.  However, should you find yourself in need of any assistance, please do not hesitate to let us know.

large.The_white_rabbit_by_Gothic-Inc_112815.jpg

We do have a welcome questionnaire, but you seem to have provided quite a few answers already, but...per tradition:

~~*drum roll please*~~

The DGN (welcome) Questions 2.1 ™ ©
Formerly the "S.D.G.N.W.Q.P.S." The Standard Detroit Gothic . Net Welcome Questions Polls and Suggestions 1.7b

:right:Feel free to ignore anything you feel uncomfortable sharing, don't have the energy for or have covered already. We are just friendly, if a bit nosey. And we ask these same questions fairly often as you may have noticed. laugh.gif 

Current location?
Where from?
Gender?
Work?
School?
Kids?
Married?
Single? 
Hobbies?

How did you pick your DGN name?
Other Stuff?

Additional ideas / questions:

Add yourself to the DGN Our Gothic Friends Map

If you live close enough, are old enough (18+ for City Club) and/or are ever in town you may want to check out posts in:

Nightlife, Events & Concerts

Some folk also enjoy our random pot of:

Quizzes And Polls

How Did You Find / Hear About DGN?

And we can always use help finding new friendly people. Help us out and drag em on over! 
If you have a website / personal journal Link to us at https://www.detroitgothic.net/ ! wink.gif

Edited by TronRP

12 hours ago, TronRP said:

Greetings and may I officially Welcome you to DGN!

Thank you for your posts and introduction.  Please feel free to continue to browse the forum and join in on any topics that you may find of interest to you.  However, should you find yourself in need of any assistance, please do not hesitate to let us know.

large.The_white_rabbit_by_Gothic-Inc_112815.jpg

We do have a welcome questionnaire, but you seem to have provided quite a few answers already, but...per tradition:

~~*drum roll please*~~

The DGN (welcome) Questions 2.1 ™ ©
Formerly the "S.D.G.N.W.Q.P.S." The Standard Detroit Gothic . Net Welcome Questions Polls and Suggestions 1.7b

:right:Feel free to ignore anything you feel uncomfortable sharing, don't have the energy for or have covered already. We are just friendly, if a bit nosey. And we ask these same questions fairly often as you may have noticed. laugh.gif 

Current location?
Where from?
Gender?
Work?
School?
Kids?
Married?
Single? 
Hobbies?

How did you pick your DGN name?
Other Stuff?

Additional ideas / questions:

Add yourself to the DGN Our Gothic Friends Map

If you live close enough, are old enough (18+ for City Club) and/or are ever in town you may want to check out posts in:

Nightlife, Events & Concerts

Some folk also enjoy our random pot of:

Quizzes And Polls

How Did You Find / Hear About DGN?

And we can always use help finding new friendly people. Help us out and drag em on over! 
If you have a website / personal journal Link to us at https://www.detroitgothic.net/ ! wink.gif

Not sure how to answer the form, I’m still trying to figure this website out.  Answers below.

Current location: Westland, MI;

Where From: moved a lot as a kid, but graduated from Wear Bloomfield;

Work: geologist at an engineering firm;

School: bachelors from Eastern Michigan, masters from Bowling Green (ohio);

Kids : 1 girl (8 years old as of 2023);

Married: yes, since 2010;

Hobbies: sewing, gardening, rock and mineral collection, camping, hiking, biking, and dancing to dark music.   

I am old enough to get into City Club (40+)  although I prefer Small’s in Hamtramck. :) 

As to my DGN name…. I’m so bad at coming up with clever handles…. I’m a scientist and I’m a goth and my name is Megan…. Not very original. 

I learned about DGN at a memorial event for Troy.  T0RN ASUNDER invited me to the webpage (thanks Mike!)

photo for funsies.  I can’t figure out how to compress a photo to use as my profile picture

56BF7B02-70B2-4467-9C7D-6BBCC3B69E57.jpeg

You shouldn't need to compress it, unless you mean crop.  If that's the case MS Paint (or whatever they call it now) should work fine.  You can also try Pant.net which has a free version (closed source though) and The GIMP which is completely free (both as in freedom and as in beer.)  Or I can do it for you.  In fact I'm going to.  I left the hair in, but I can crop it to just the face if you'd prefer that.  This took me literally like 30 seconds.

56BF7B02-70B2-4467-9C7D-6BBCC3B69E57.thumb.jpeg.6c384b640807094055af7c630f912c2e.jpeg

To set it as your profile photo, at the very top of the page on the left click the down arrow next to your name and select "Profile".  Then click the little round icon on the large avatar placeholder on the left.

Edited by Scary Guy

1 hour ago, Scary Guy said:

You shouldn't need to compress it, unless you mean crop.  If that's the case MS Paint (or whatever they call it now) should work fine.  You can also try Pant.net which has a free version (closed source though) and The GIMP which is completely free (both as in freedom and as in beer.)  Or I can do it for you.  In fact I'm going to.  I left the hair in, but I can crop it to just the face if you'd prefer that.  This took me literally like 30 seconds.

56BF7B02-70B2-4467-9C7D-6BBCC3B69E57.thumb.jpeg.6c384b640807094055af7c630f912c2e.jpeg

To set it as your profile photo, at the very top of the page on the left click the down arrow next to your name and select "Profile".  Then click the little round icon on the large avatar placeholder on the left.

Thanks!!!

@Scary Guy

Thank you for providing the assistance.

@Science_goth_Megan

I definitely love the look!

Also:

If there are certain topics that you like, you can hit the "Follow" button at the top of the page.

If there are members you want to follow, you can click the "Follow Member" button on their profile page.

And again,

gallery_4589_1237_1749.jpg

5 hours ago, Science_goth_Megan said:

Yep, that’s my favorite place to be :)

There's a chance we've met if you do Smalls, I've been a regular guest dj there since 2015 (aka, one of them takes a night off I fill in) and am there with my wife Marci pretty regularly even when not spinning :)

37 minutes ago, Raev said:

There's a chance we've met if you do Smalls, I've been a regular guest dj there since 2015 (aka, one of them takes a night off I fill in) and am there with my wife Marci pretty regularly even when not spinning :)

I’m not sure we officially met.  I know your name though bc I am friends with Melissa :)