I thought this might be fun as long as we're all riding that wave of nostalgia.  Post the oldest post that you've made on the forum.

I'm sure I had other posts before this but they seem to be lost to time, so that was my oldest viewable post.

At almost 19 years old, it'd be able to smoke and vote if it were human.

I wish there was some kind of badge for necroing a post that old too.

Edited by Scary Guy

1 hour ago, Scary Guy said:

I thought this might be fun as long as we're all riding that wave of nostalgia.  Post the oldest post that you've made on the forum.

I'm sure I had other posts before this but they seem to be lost to time, so that was my oldest viewable post.

At almost 19 years old, it'd be able to smoke and vote if it were human.

I wish there was some kind of badge for necroing a post that old too.

Eek. How do you find this? Lol

35 minutes ago, Anna Phylaxis said:

Yeah, March 29, 2004. I have no idea how to find that lol.

Apparently they only go back as far as this one:

I love that the post directly below that was also you bitching about being "a damned newbie again" too.

3 minutes ago, Scary Guy said:

Apparently they only go back as far as this one:

I love that the post directly below that was also you bitching about being "a damned newbie again" too.

Oh no, sir. I’m not just a newbie anymore. I am a “Contributor.” 😂

Edited by Anna Phylaxis

• 2 weeks later...

Mine would date back to The Spiral Board, somewhere around 2000/2001.

If you're not finding older posts, it's because at some point, DGN went completely down and original posts were lost up to a certain date.

I created the original "Introduce Yourself" post. Then after DGN died/rose again, Troy added the Hello Forum and introduction posts were merged into it.
image.thumb.png.18814ae23d31ec64f17928b534945d7d.png

Edited by Fierce Critter

10 hours ago, Fierce Critter said:

Mine would date back to The Spiral Board, somewhere around 2000/2001.

If you're not finding older posts, it's because at some point, DGN went completely down and original posts were lost up to a certain date.

Well yeah, I meant on this version of the forum.  I wish I could look back at that though and see all of ours.  I wish I could look at the other forum too.  Lots of good content was lost to time on both.

On the plus side though, all of this still exists and goes back 20 years now.  There is a treasure trove of content for anyone that wants to dig through it.  Photos, playlists, ideas, etc...  Modern anthropology would love it if they only knew.

Unfortunately there are a lot of things like this all over the world and going through it all would take way more time than any one person has.  Maybe AI will make that job easier.  Or maybe the content isn't even that great and it's only important to us, which is fine too.