2023-02-18: Frequency @ The Outer Limits Lounge in Hamtramck

If you're unfamiliar with the place they feature mainly DJs that play vinyl records.  Well they decided to try out a "Industrial/Dark Wave/No Wave/Goth/Alternative Dance/Techno night" (genres taken off the event flier.)  I went tot he first one and it was awesome.

Started at 9:00 and had no cover.  Unless I modify the info I'm expecting the same for the next time.  When I get a little more info I'll put it in the clubs sticky at the top of this subforum.  I'd also assume it's ages 21+ but again I could be wrong.

This is just a notice that it exists.  I had no idea because this and IRC are the only real social media I'm on.

Edited by Scary Guy
Updated the date/name

• TronRP pinned and featured this topic
  • 4 weeks later...
  • TronRP unpinned and unfeatured this topic

Figured I'd give a rundown on how the event went.  Good but sparse crowd, saw a few friends though.  Both Kirill from Industrial Detroit and also Marc Church showed up to check it out and I consider them pretty heavy hitters in the scene.  Both said they were impressed, especially with Frank's work.

Callsign who runs the event said he's interested in having me out to run video projection and maybe VJ/DJ.  He said he was fine if I wanted to use my laptop but IDK.  I feel like I want to break out my vinyl, but then I remember hauling it around the few times I ever did.  Even my CD collection was a pain in the ass and that weighed nothing in comparison.

Anyway the next one is August 6th?  Seems far, I'll see if I can get them to do something sooner than that.  We need more goth/industrial events around Detroit than just the City/Small's duopoly.

• Scary Guy changed the title to 2022-08-06: The Forms of Things to Come @ The Outer Limits Lounge in Hamtramck
  • 5 months later...
  • Scary Guy changed the title to 2023-02-18: Frequency @ The Outer Limits Lounge in Hamtramck
  • TronRP featured this topic
  • TronRP unfeatured this topic