"Hey! You just earned the 'One Year In' badge!"

Okay let's talk about how much this pisses me off.  I've been here since I met Troy in 2002 and it was called The Spiral Boards.  DG.N wasn't even a thing yet.  This is pretty insulting.  You can even see the modified join date in my profile because the actual date was lost due to one of the many forum upgrades over the years.  Also what is this "Newbie" badge crap on my avatar?  I guess at least we all have it (except for Tron I guess since she's a literal posting machine) but it's still annoying.  EDIT: It does say the original join date on the Newbie badge in my profile, at least that's something.

"Posting Machine

Making your 500th post"

"Posts

5,818"

I suppose nothing is ever going to be accurate and things will get distorted over time.  At least the original info is still there.  I just hate the idea of "progress quest" like achievements like post count or join date actually meaning anything, but I still want them to be accurate at least if they're going to be there.  Though I guess it doesn't really matter.

Edited by Scary Guy
It does say the original join date on the Newbie badge.

@Scary Guy

Dude, I feel you.  I had a "Newbie" rank with 28,480 posts under my belt

large.247705585_TronRPNewbie062321.jpg

When Invision Community sent the "latest update" in June, they called it a "maintenance patch" for security reasons.  After the completion of that update, these "badges" were integrated into the board's statistical data.  I was really hoping that by the time the background update was completed, these "badges" would be updated with the actual member's statistics...Nope.  I was totally crushed as numbers is my thing.  There was a reason I started Board Domination Week.

I've been checking into the "behind the scenes" to see if there is a fix, while at the same time, my analytical mind is wanting to see how long it will take me to reach the 14th Rank...

large.1157545796_thumb_smileyvault-cute-big-smiley-animated-050042713.gif

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
On 7/7/2021 at 12:26 PM, Scary Guy said:

Okay let's talk about how much this pisses me off.  I've been here since I met Troy in 2002 and it was called The Spiral Boards.  DG.N wasn't even a thing yet.  This is pretty insulting.  You can even see the modified join date in my profile because the actual date was lost due to one of the many forum upgrades over the years.  Also what is this "Newbie" badge crap on my avatar?  I guess at least we all have it (except for Tron I guess since she's a literal posting machine) but it's still annoying.  EDIT: It does say the original join date on the Newbie badge in my profile, at least that's something.

"Posting Machine

Making your 500th post"

"Posts

5,818"

I suppose nothing is ever going to be accurate and things will get distorted over time.  At least the original info is still there.  I just hate the idea of "progress quest" like achievements like post count or join date actually meaning anything, but I still want them to be accurate at least if they're going to be there.  Though I guess it doesn't really matter.

OK, so it’s not just me being pissed off about it. Thank goodness lol

• 7 months later...