List of Acts at City Club in History

u2pitnol

Hello. I’m very curious if there is a conclusive (or close to) list of acts starting from the beginning of City Club’s history. Their online page shows a short list of highlights, but I know that it is a fraction of who has performed live at the venue. Looking for bands more than DJ’s. Thanks!!!

• 3 years later...

I don’t know of any comprehensive list, but I can honestly say Servitor Sanctum was my favorite percussion act to catch there.  If memory serves, the last time the ballroom (the one down the hall and thru the door past the bathrooms to the right) was open was during one of his shows.   Pieces of the ceiling was literally coming down on us during it. Good times.    

11 hours ago, Burrich1 said:

I don’t know of any comprehensive list, but I can honestly say Servitor Sanctum was my favorite percussion act to catch there.  If memory serves, the last time the ballroom (the one down the hall and thru the door past the bathrooms to the right) was open was during one of his shows.   Pieces of the ceiling was literally coming down on us during it. Good times.    

ya he was good. great idea.

I don't have dates at all, but off the top of my head I know Love and Rockets, and there was that infamous VNV Nation/Apoptygma Berzerk show.  I have no idea how those aren't on the history page.  Also The Gothsicles played my birthday party among multiple other shows there.  I should look over my playlists too since for most of the bands I'd write down who was on before/after my sets (and those give exact dates too.)  Probably have some of the fliers I did as well.  I wonder if Industrial Detroit also has a list somewhere?

Oh https://www.concertarchives.org/venues/leland-city-club is neat.

The statement "Leland City Club has had 21 concerts" is obviously complete bullshit though and it is woefully lacking data.

Also, does this count as modern anthropology?

18 hours ago, Burrich1 said:

I can honestly say Servitor Sanctum was my favorite percussion act to catch there.

That was a fun one! It was an album release party, though I can't recall for which one. Sean ran the whole thing solo which was quite impressive. I was fortunate to have played with Servitor for the Dirty Show, and gigs at Luna in Royal Oak and at The Works. That was all right around the time TWB and I started dating.

• 2 months later...

When I was promoting with Darque Productions we did quite a few shows back when at City Club including…

Wolfsheim

Covenant

Haujobb

VNV Nation

Apoptygma Berzerk

Decoded Feedback

Backspace (my old band)

Alien Sex Fiend 

Velvet Acid Christ

Din Fiv

(I designed the concert posters/flyers for most of these)

Currently with Industrial Detroit we’ve done the following events at City:

Severed Heads

Enduser

Cervello Elettronico 

Karl Meier

Mvtant

Killbourne 

Club Music

Mother Juno

Ritual Howls 

Lower Tar

Comfort Cure

Kontravoid

Adult.

Pod Blotz

Kris Baha

Stave

Semantix 

Snowbeast

Freeze etch

The Brvtalist

Mono No Aware

and likely a few more I’ve forgotten. 

Also Love and Rockets never played City Club. 

Also this is a bit misleading on that history page… none of these bands listed below performed at City, just simply hung out…

Leland City Club has hosted several renowned musicians, including Skinny Puppy, Depeche Mode, the Beastie Boys, Smashing Pumpkins, Public Enemy, Rob Zombie, the Red Hot Chili Peppers, Nine Inch Nails, and Marilyn Manson.