City Club: Goth night 0713/2019

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/1/2019 at 8:41 AM, GuyDuck said:

Happy belated birthday.

Forgive me, but I've been out of the city for a decade or so: is not EVERY Friday and Saturday still goth night at City?

Sadly not anymore.  Not the DJs or promoters fault they were the ones propping up the bad upper management.   All of the "employees" are generally good.  It was always a problem from the very top not the middle.   Its intermittent now, or if there is an actual schedule I've yet to determine a pattern.  Huge disruption to the local scene.  The go-to place is now Smalls.  

I'm still one of the City Club Faithful (made that up)  but in practice, you end up going to smalls bar.   I'd go to city still every chance I can health permitting, which it often does not permit.  =(   GRR. 

I am looking to get back to my more O.G. roots having been semi inactive a the club(s) lately.   Not that any of the detroit clubs have had the balls to call themselves "goth" much.  It's as if they are all afraid of the term.  I used to complain about this on 89.3 FM to anyone that would listen.  It's embarrassing to have "the club" be afraid to call itself what people are (mostly) there for.   They all get their bread and butter from the goth scene but are afraid to use the term.  

9 hours ago, Troy Spiral said:

Sadly not anymore.  Not the DJs or promoters fault they were the ones propping up the bad upper management.   All of the "employees" are generally good.  It was always a problem from the very top not the middle.   Its intermittent now, or if there is an actual schedule I've yet to determine a pattern.  Huge disruption to the local scene.  The go-to place is now Smalls.  

I'm still one of the City Club Faithful (made that up)  but in practice, you end up going to smalls bar.   I'd go to city still every chance I can health permitting, which it often does not permit.  =(   GRR. 

I am looking to get back to my more O.G. roots having been semi inactive a the club(s) lately.   Not that any of the detroit clubs have had the balls to call themselves "goth" much.  It's as if they are all afraid of the term.  I used to complain about this on 89.3 FM to anyone that would listen.  It's embarrassing to have "the club" be afraid to call itself what people are (mostly) there for.   They all get their bread and butter from the goth scene but are afraid to use the term.  

That's insanity. Heartbreaking insanity. City's not a goth club anymore. What kinds of music do they play there, now? And this was Higgins' call? Jeeze. Smh I've never heard me Small's; where's that? Are Mephisto's and Luna still open? Is Necto still Factory on Mondays? I'm in shock, I think. *tear* Thanks for the insights.

9 minutes ago, GuyDuck said:

That's insanity. Heartbreaking insanity. City's not a goth club anymore. What kinds of music do they play there, now? And this was Higgins' call? Jeeze. Smh I've never heard me Small's; where's that? Are Mephisto's and Luna still open? Is Necto still Factory on Mondays? I'm in shock, I think. *tear* Thanks for the insights.

~~~~~

Small's Bar is in Hamtramck

10339 Conant St, Hamtramck, MI 48212

I do know that Graphite DJs at City Club, Necto and Small's.  He usually promotes Defiled on DGN and Facebook: