A Collage I Made

Troy Spiral

Never was much of a fan.  But they are the ONLY huge act to give detroit real respect.  45 years.  1974 - 2019.  Game Over.  

Really this was for bobbi, but i figured I should take some time to learn about the band rather than just blindly walk into the concert I had to rob peter to pay paul for (so bobbi could go who is even more poor than I am) I had zero real interest.  But I knew she would be sad FOREVER if she didn't get to go.   Ended up dropping the cynicism about KISS and just enjoy it for what it is.  A throwback to an earlier time when rock music was transtioning from one form to another.  These guys pioneered a lot of what we have now.  But, themselves kept their style and did not change with the times to sell records.  Strangely that WORKED. 

I've never seen such a diverse crowd.  70 year olds in the same hallway with packs of 16 year old girls dressed in full kiss makeup?  That is how you rake in the C A S H.  lol 

They are good musicians (sorry if you don't agree you have never played an instrument seriously) Paul Stanley (usually the lead singer) is also a trained in Opera singer.  They have this whole other aspect to them that is either embraced or ridiculed, that is they are old-school leave-it-all-on-stage OG rock god style showmen.  The pyrotechnics the hydro (complicated lifts) and various other aspects take a ton of prep work and practice beyond the years and years of musical practice.  Is that good? Well it's a extremely high skill bar, even if it isn't your cup of tea.  Takes serious dedication to pull off.  Especially on a grueling schedule, and every member of the band hovering around 60+ years old. 

I'm doing this while I wait for the HOUR DAMN LONG video to process / backup / upload.  Been waiting almost 2 hours.  

53560529_10216718444847803_9174595678117036032_n.jpg

3 hours ago, sekhmet2002 said:

I love the collage. I saw you post it on Facebook. You did such a good job with just your phone. I'm amazed.

~~~~~

On his phone?!?  I'm amazed too!!!

😲