Not sure who missed me, but just wanted to say hello to old friends.  It's been a while since my mental collapse due to some terrible medications I was on back in 2008, but unfortunately that resulted in some behavior that led to my ban prior to getting better in October of that year after purging that crap from my system.  I don't have much of a memory of that time (approx January - July 2008), but if I hurt anyone during that time, I sincerely apologize and hope all of you have been well.

Hi Crunchy,

Since for 99% of people here, you'd be a 'new person'   incoming spam:

The DGN (welcome) Questions 2.1 ™ ©

Formerly the "S.D.G.N.W.Q.P.S." The Standard Detroit Gothic . Net Welcome Questions Polls and Suggestions 1.7b

Feel free to ignore anything you feel uncomfortable sharing, dont have the energy for or have covered already. We are just friendly, if a bit nosey. And we ask these same questions fairly often as you may have noticed. 

Current location?

Where from?

Gender?

Work?

School?

Kids?

Married?

Single?  

Hobbies?

How Did You Find / hear about DGN?

How did you pick your DGN name?

Other Stuff?

And we can always use help finding new friendly people.  Help us out and drag em on over!    

If you have a website / personal journal link to us!  

Current location?   Metro Detroit

Where from?  Metro Detroit

Gender?  Male

Work?  CEO and Founder of a software development company specializing in desktop and mobile software and games as well as websites.

School?  Several, but mostly self-taught in my field since the early 80s.

Kids?  Two daughters.

Married?  I did mention my insanity was temporary.  Of course not...

Single?   Single but dating

Hobbies?  Computer programming, artificial intelligence, game development, reading, game collector for many systems, physics, simulation hypothesis.

How Did You Find / hear about DGN?  Friends at City Club way back in the day.

How did you pick your DGN name?  An old best friend picked it for me after my yahoo id was hacked by a psycho ex girlfriend.  I was having my favorite lunch one day grilled cheese with tomato soup to dip it in and pickles on the side when I complained that her pickles were soggy.  She laughed and said I should see if crunchy_pickle was taken.  I've been Pickle ever since.

Other Stuff?   I run competitive international gaming leagues from time to time for FPS gamers, have a current revived gaming community if anyone is interested in classic FPS games and a Steam account containing 2,472 items between software and games.  If anyone could use any of my extra copies of which I have many, hit me up.  You can find me on Steam under Kr3m or d1rtyl0gic (those names are linked).

4X3Z2iZ.jpg

14 hours ago, Troy Spiral said:

The DGN (welcome) Questions 2.1 ™ ©

Formerly the "S.D.G.N.W.Q.P.S." The Standard Detroit Gothic . Net Welcome Questions Polls and Suggestions 1.7b

Feel free to ignore anything you feel uncomfortable sharing, dont have the energy for or have covered already. We are just friendly, if a bit nosey. And we ask these same questions fairly often as you may have noticed. 

Current location?
The secret(ish) underground lair in Roseville, MI

Where from?
Detroit, like ALL the coolest people.

Gender?
Male, straight (but not narrow).

Work?
Lots!  Self-employed writer, DJ, Humanist clergy, NRA Certified Firearms Instructor, LMT (Licensed Massage Therapist), producer (audio).  On the faculty at Irene's Myomassology Institute.

School?
Yes, please!  Oh... I mean... graduated from Madison HS in '75, graduated from Irene's in 2017.  Some classes/semesters in-between at Rochester College, Macomb Community College, Specs Howard and others.

Kids?
If properly cooked.

Married?
Yup.  Also known as "it's complicated."  :)

Hobbies?
Reading (a lot!), Sci-fi, Sci-fact, trap shooting and handgunning.

How Did You Find / hear about DGN?
My Evil Queen, Moe.

How did you pick your DGN name?
My mommy gave it to me and Tron registered me.  It's short for Stuart.  No laughing!  😄

Other Stuff?
I love discussing those "inappropriate" topics: politics, and religion.  I'm an atheist; my currencies are logic, facts and reason.  Long time Trek fan!  Also love most SF.  Also into horror; Stephen King, Clive Barker and any other gross, disturbed, twisted authors and filmmakers.

If you have a website / personal journal link to us!  
I'm on Facebook (don't hate!) as Stu Chisholm.
My DJ Facebook page is Stu & His Crew LLC.
Twitter: @DJStuCrew
My personal blog is here:
https://djstucrew.livejournal.com/

22 hours ago, crunchy_pickle said:

Current location?   Metro Detroit

Where from?  Metro Detroit

Gender?  Male

Work?  CEO and Founder of a software development company specializing in desktop and mobile software and games as well as websites.

School?  Several, but mostly self-taught in my field since the early 80s.

Kids?  Two daughters.

Married?  I did mention my insanity was temporary.  Of course not...

Single?   Single but dating

Hobbies?  Computer programming, artificial intelligence, game development, reading, game collector for many systems, physics, simulation hypothesis.

How Did You Find / hear about DGN?  Friends at City Club way back in the day.

How did you pick your DGN name?  An old best friend picked it for me after my yahoo id was hacked by a psycho ex girlfriend.  I was having my favorite lunch one day grilled cheese with tomato soup to dip it in and pickles on the side when I complained that her pickles were soggy.  She laughed and said I should see if crunchy_pickle was taken.  I've been Pickle ever since.

Other Stuff?   I run competitive international gaming leagues from time to time for FPS gamers, have a current revived gaming community if anyone is interested in classic FPS games and a Steam account containing 2,472 items between software and games.  If anyone could use any of my extra copies of which I have many, hit me up.  You can find me on Steam under Kr3m or d1rtyl0gic (those names are linked).

4X3Z2iZ.jpg

Strange. I have been using steam for ... hell I can't remember how long ago, many years.  Never saw this screen before.  

On 1/14/2019 at 8:43 PM, torn asunder said:

recall the name, but not the situation (nor do i care to - new starts are great!). glad you got things straightened out with your meds, they can be a blessing or a curse.

welcome back!

Yeah, I stay away from prescription drugs (or any other drugs for that matter) these days with the exception of Chantix.  Just not a good idea.

Edited by crunchy_pickle