Articles of clothing/accessories that you find repulsive.

• 5 years later...

Honestly, just basic T-shirts.  They're easy and convenient for most things but if I'm going out these days I prefer to dress nicely (though they still work as an undershirt.) It really doesn't take that much effort to throw on a button-up.  I even have a few button up Hawaiian shirts that look nice.

A lot of people shit on jeans too but black jeans are both nice looking and utilitarian so I don't care.

Hoodies can fuck right off too though (however I'll give those heated ones a pass, but they must be zip-ups since if it catches fire you're kinda fucked if you can't quickly remove it.)

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure if this qualifies because it’s broad but I am an avid people watcher.  Especially at goth clubs.  I despise it when someone comes dressed up, and obviously made an effort to do so, but they have absolutely inappropriate footwear on. Like air Jordyn’s, or white Nike’s.  Ruins the whole aesthetic.  I get that everyone can’t spend hundreds on shoes, but there are tons of less expensive options.  I am definitely a goth footwear snob, and will probably be mentally screaming at you if you do this.  Or pointing you out to my wife and rolling our eyes.  Yes, she is a footwear snob too. 

1 hour ago, Burrich1 said:

Not sure if this qualifies because it’s broad but I am an avid people watcher.  Especially at goth clubs.  I despise it when someone comes dressed up, and obviously made an effort to do so, but they have absolutely inappropriate footwear on. Like air Jordyn’s, or white Nike’s.  Ruins the whole aesthetic.  I get that everyone can’t spend hundreds on shoes, but there are tons of less expensive options.  I am definitely a goth footwear snob, and will probably be mentally screaming at you if you do this.  Or pointing you out to my wife and rolling our eyes.  Yes, she is a footwear snob too. 

Don't care, my 5.11 boots are comfy.

I'll only wear the fancy ones my ex got me if I know I'll be able to sit down somewhere.  If I stand in them too long my heels hurt.

I don't look down on anyone for prioritizing comfort over all else.  With footwear, a comfy shoe can even help to prevent back issues later on (or they may already have them.)

For example, when I go to Asylum I do a LOT of walking around Windsor as @Serxera likes to park in BFE (which is fine (it'll be more fine when it's warmer out)) So I like a comfy boot for that.  Honestly I'd also rather stand around and talk to people than sit off in a corner brooding anyway...  usually.

Then again absolutely no one should take any fashion advice from me.  Though I've never cared what anyone else thinks of my garb.  It may be unorthodox, but I like it and that's the only thing that matters (because other people's opinions don't matter.)