Greetings all. 

The Forum will be undergoing an Update with a much needed Upgrade.  Please bear with us as we get things done on this end.

However, if you should notice any obvious issues during this phase, please note them here so they may be addressed.

Thank you for your patience and understanding. :biggrin:

large.underconstruction.gif.scaled500_062515.gif

This is now badly pinned posts have the opposite effect of what you would think... they mostly just get ignored. Adjusted for time... pinned posts have the lowest view rates. I think the hypothesis is 1. People don't want to read anything detailed and pinned posts almost always are. 2. A pinned post (if there are many rather than just 1) people's minds register it as 'archival' rather than important, because there are so many.

The kicker here is I myself fell pray to this. I totally want to read a post like this and some crazy how I just noticed it.

I actually can't say I've noticed any changes at all. Like none. I'd say the board is running smoother but I think that has to do with our budget hosting randomness, rather than the board code.

There might be things we just can't see because this is an old skin, and often elements that are added later won't show up as the 'skin layer' doesn't know how to render them.

Thanks for all the help as always. ☆☆☆

Also, to be honest, I pinned this post here so I personally wouldn't lose it.  I really didn't think anyone else would really be all that interested in posting here unless the board did some really noticeable craptastic stuff that caused one to raise an eyebrow. 

:hrhr:

• 2 weeks later...

Just to keep everyone informed.

Yes, the board is still in the process of being updated.  The process is a bit tedious.  Fortunately I enjoy tedious tasks.

There are currently over 390,000+ files that make up the DGN Database (of which only 250,000 files would be supported by a Host initiated backup).  So as not to lose any data, I have opted to do a manual backup of the forum.

I will keep everyone posted as progress continues.

Thank you for your patience.

gallery_4589_1225_26352.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Just a notification so I can say it was made on the board.

A major upgrade is about to take place.  Some features may go down while others may improve.  Rest assured those issues, should they arise, will be handled as soon as humanly possible. 

Thank you again for your cooperation and patience during these changes.

When I tried going to the Degon Holders and Mini Animals thread by using the link found after clicking the bell in the upper right corner I get this message. 

Sorry, there is a problem

We could not locate the item you are trying to view.

Error code: 2F173/O

OK, the major part of the upgrade version is completed.  Now it's time for some minor repairs followed by a bit of cosmetics. 

So again, I request your patience in this matter.

Thank You.

Apparently, there are some ongoing behind the scenes updating happening since the upgrade.  Hopefully a change over to a new updated board theme will have all the improvements accounted for so it should just be a matter of customizing the look.

Whew, I was happy to see that all the photo (even the broken ones) still exist in the DGN database (old and new).  Now it's just a matter of getting the correct Theme that will allow all of the data to function properly.

6 hours ago, Draco1958 said:

I noticed on the homepage that the magnifying glass you click to search is sitting in the search bar where you type.

Thank you for the input.  Yes, I discovered that is an issue with the skin's incompatibility with the last upgrade.  I hope to have a new skin applied to the board asap.  Unfortunately, there is no way to testrun a new theme without paying for it first.  So the majority of my time is spent reviewing the bells and whistles of potential updates.  I might just go with the updated version of this current skin just to see what it's like. 

Due to this latest upgrade, most theme creators are having to write patch codes for themes they had released prior to the upgrade.  So things are a bit hectic at the moment...but soon to be back to normal. :biggrin:

• TronRP unfeatured this topic
  • Troy Spiral unpinned this topic
  • TronRP pinned and unpinned this topic