Now Listening To ...

JaneDead

Woooo I get a hug.. YAY Just got one question for ya then... Grinderman.. Eeeps what did you think of it.. That "No pussy blues" was ummm well I darn near died laughing when I first heard it..

I like the Grinderman thing, I think it's largely responsible for giving Nick his groove back. I mean, I won't know for sure until the new Bad Seeds record comes out, but the tracks I have heard from it sound a lot more energetic and a lot less "Warren Ellis is all up in here with the same old violin sound."

I'm listening to Mark Kozelek's (awesome) acoustic verison of "Love at First Feel."

Edited by LuluVox

I like the Grinderman thing, I think it's largely responsible for giving Nick his groove back. I mean, I won't know for sure until the new Bad Seeds record comes out, but the tracks I have heard from it sound a lot more energetic and a lot less "Warren Ellis is all up in here with the same old violin sound."

I'm listening to Mark Kozelek's (awesome) acoustic verison of "Love at First Feel."

I'm never going to get used to thinking about Warren Ellis as being the violinist, rather than Warren Ellis the writer.

Though I would be down for some hot Warren-on-Warren collaborations.