Play Tibia (MMORPG) - Login Que Added

What is Tibia?

Tibia is a Massively Multiplayer Online Role-playing Game somewhat similar to EverQuest / Ultima Online but would be better described as the original version (crappy 2D graphics and all) of the original Legend of Zelda.. but minus the awesome 8 bit sound (as if) It has none.

Why should you play it?

1. No one will know WTF your talkinga about!

So , on the off chance you'll get hooked on it , you can have no life , similar to us EverQuest / Ultima Online / DaoC players , but with the added bonus that no one has a clue what tibia is and you will get even MORE blank stares when trying to describe tibia , and why you play it, than even EQ or UO players get!

2. Low system requirements.

You can run this thing on a dog pc. And/or run other system hogging programs at the same time as tibia and not worry about it.

3. Crappy graphics and no sound!

The graphics are original Nintendo style, without that annoying added "feature" called sound. Bah who needs it.

4. Its free!

There are additional features , that if you end up getting hooked on the game you'll probably want to sign up for (costs about 7 bucks a month) but all the core features, are free and you probably will play the game 40+ hours before you'll even really notice the lack of any of these features.

5. You a personal tutor.. me.

Well maybe that's a negative ? hehe. Im pretty well-versed in the game and also can play sugar daddy for any new players that come along as well as personal tutor.

6. You can kill people.

Tibia has many "flavors" but the standard one has limited Player Vs Player combat, although its not a "frag fest" due to in-game penalties for unjustified player killing.

7. (For non RPG vets and vets alike) Its simple.

In contrast to other games of its type its pretty simplistic. You don't need a college degree to play this thing. Basically you can either go out and kill monsters (think Diablo 2 but more simple) or stand around in town and chit-chat with people or sell items.

8. Not life-sucking as EverQuest or other similar ilk.

While anything can be addictive, Tibia is setup in such a way that its easier to just sit down and play for an hour and then walk away than some of its relationship-wrecking cousins.

9. (if your an RPG vet) , once you get up to speed, can join the new guild ill be working on once the next , after-Christmas update, tibia server starts. Basicly with the pvp nature of tibia, we will, i anticipate "own" the server. (but you'll need to practice >nownow

Basically im on DGN, Playing Tibia, or Watching Movies. Tibia seems somewhat lacking at first glance but it has a charm about it that has been bringing me back to it over and over for several years now something that many of the other MMORPGS i've played (some for years) have not managed to do.

I have a vested interest in this game , as along with running DGN I usually have some sort of gaming-guild going, currently I do not (the last one was a Ultima Online guild which I gave up about a year ago) and I plan on starting a tibia guild, for powergamers, within the next month or so.

Suggestions on getting started:

Go to http://tibia.com create an account and just start playing. Feel free to contact me via MSN or Yahoo (im always set to invisible but will respond if free)

Choose the Ameria server for now. At the moment if your playing with a free account you may not be able to login, as free accounts cant login if the server they are trying to join is "maxed out" but just try again a few times and you'll get in (there will soon be a login que and you wont have to do this)

If you feel like going nuts and just jumping blindly into tibia and playing it as a powergamer you might want to look into joining http://PrecisionStrikeForums.com

This thread is intended to be a pitch / commentary for a game I play called tibia. Not a post about RPGs or games in general. Feel free to start a new post on those subjects.

I signed up for a free account on a no-PK server and could never ever get in since paying customers get first go at the servers.  Tried multiple times on multiple days to get in with no luck. So I gave up.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Same here... I actually had to remake an account I had made earlier this year cause it was deleted from lack of use.

You guys could never get in? I have litterally 11 different tibia accounts, 9 of them are "free" accounts. I've never had to try more than 4 times to get in with the free accounts and even then only occastionally. (non issue with normal accounts)

And, if i was on any of the servers listed as "Empty" i dont know that i ever had a problem logging in with a free account, except if the server was brand new.

Soon there will be a "login que" and you wont have to try and re-enter manually, but as i said i've been playing the game for years and at "peak times" (say 8pm-1am EST on USA servers) i've occastionaly had to try 3-4 times to get in with the free accounts but most of the time i just get right in.

Just for kicks i tried to login just now with 1 account on the Eternia server (got right in) and then again on Dolera (took 3 tries and then got in)

Im guessing you guys were very unlucky and picked uber full servers at peak times.

If anyone is perticularly RPG savvy and this looks like something you might be serious about long-term rather than just goofing around a bit , i have a second non-free "premium" account that has nearly 3 months left on it that i have no use for that i could let anyone that plans on playing the game have for free. (PM me)

000210.jpg

Free players should not have problems logging in anymore , they just udpated the game so that you just are in a "wait list" and login as your turn comes around if the servers are overcrowded when you try to access the game.

I tested it out a few times , and my longest wait time so far with a free account has been around 90 seconds.