Now Watching...

1 hour ago, TronRP said:

~~~~~

I still think Robopine is Lionel Richie.

~~~~~

Interestingly, Robopine was the one voted off tonight.  And it was NOT Lionel Richie.

🤣

On 10/16/2018 at 9:03 PM, TronRP said:

My son was a Columbine shooter. This is my story | Sue Klebold

"TED
Published on Feb 27, 2017
Sue Klebold is the mother of Dylan Klebold, one of the two shooters who committed the Columbine High School massacre, murdering 12 students and a teacher. She's spent years excavating every detail of her family life, trying to understand what she could have done to prevent her son's violence. In this difficult, jarring talk, Klebold explores the intersection between mental health and violence, advocating for parents and professionals to continue to examine the link between suicidal and homicidal thinking. Note: Comments are disabled for this video because YouTube's comment moderation tools are not up to the task of maintaining a quality discourse here. You are welcome and invited to comment on the talk at TED.com https://go.ted.com/Cyc6."

~~~~~

I truly applaud her. :grouphug

Ive been doing lots of reading up on the Columbine shooting. Fascinating, but, yeah, Dylan clearly needed help. 

Ive also read A Mothers reckoning, which is her memoir and different interviews here and there. 

Shes incredibly brave ❤️

5 hours ago, Mari Augdahl Bes Bes said:

Ive been doing lots of reading up on the Columbine shooting. Fascinating, but, yeah, Dylan clearly needed help. 

Ive also read A Mothers reckoning, which is her memoir and different interviews here and there. 

Shes incredibly brave ❤️

~~~~~

I inadvertently ended up watching the events of that day unfold on a live broadcast that was airing in my University cafeteria, the one day I actually decided to stay at the Undergraduate Library and study while I had a bite to eat.  At first, I had no idea what I was looking at, seeing an aerial view of all these young looking people running out of a building with their hands on their heads and some ducking while they ran, grouped together.  The TVs were on mute, so I had to wait for the banner to give an update on what was transpiring.  And that's when I saw it was a shooting at a high school.  My mind was blown because it read that they could still hear shots being fired as we were watching the live feed.

Out of interest, I watched the follow up reports and the documentary on the situation because due to that incident, the networks actually cancelled the graduation episode of Buffy The Vampire Slayer due to the graphic nature of what transpired in that episode and out of respect to those who lost their lives during the Columbine shooting.

The sad thing is, there were so many overlooked cries for help from the boys.  Having experienced some of what they went through myself, I understood the want to do something...anything to make the hurting stop.  Fortunately for me, where we live made certain things inaccessible.