Now Watching...

I was just watching "Beyblade Burst Turbo" just to give it a chance, but watching this self-absorbed loud mouth brat getting away with anything he wants by defying everyone - even his parents - really has me disillusioned as to why he is the main character.  

The main character was a happy go lucky kid who admired his father's skills and enjoyed his family life until he helps a stranger.  He then covits everything the stranger possesses: their skills, their Bey, their drive, their acquired ranking.  This character even makes up his mind that this stranger would now be the "rival" he MUST defeat in order to be the best in something he had no clue about just the day before.

Every time the main character's father had a word of caution, the kid took it as a direct assault on himself.  So he goes against everything his father warns about and does exactly what he wants to, even climbing out the second story window to "run away" so he can sign up at the same school his "rival" went to.  At least they did have a scene in there where his mother gives him her blessing and says that his father understood...basically because she knew the kid was going to defy them anyway, but at least this way it looked like his parents quietly had his back.  So the kid happily runs away from home and begins bullying any and everyone he comes across that possesses a Bey as he, with his cocky attitude, makes his way to his rival's Alma Mater.

This show is so difficult to watch because it comes across as if it were Lui Shirosagi's backstory as to why he was such a jack a** in "Beyblade Burst Evolution".

😒

Trying to watch "Alvin and the Chipmunks: Chipwrecked"

I have yet to watch a full movie of the Chipmunks since they CGI-ed them to bring them up to date for a new generation, but in updating them, it appears they have lost the integrity of the original characters.  Alvin was mischievous and tried to work the system to his advantage inside the guidelines.  He wasn't rebellious and blatantly disrespectful.  Dave wasn't comic relief, he was the voice of reason to help guide the Chipmunks as they learned the true ways of things.  The Chipettes were created as the Chipmunks exact counterparts due to pressure from a certain audience of viewers that felt the Chipmunks were one sided and sexist. 

With Bellisario's group taking this route with the characters is a reflection of how they view the youth of the day.  And the fact that these movies are still seen as relevant says a lot about what we think of young people in our society. 

This movie is painful to watch thinking of how it used to be.

20 hours ago, TronRP said:

Trying to watch "Alvin and the Chipmunks: Chipwrecked"

I have yet to watch a full movie of the Chipmunks since they CGI-ed them to bring them up to date for a new generation, but in updating them, it appears they have lost the integrity of the original characters.  Alvin was mischievous and tried to work the system to his advantage inside the guidelines.  He wasn't rebellious and blatantly disrespectful.  Dave wasn't comic relief, he was the voice of reason to help guide the Chipmunks as they learned the true ways of things.  The Chipettes were created as the Chipmunks exact counterparts due to pressure from a certain audience of viewers that felt the Chipmunks were one sided and sexist. 

With Bellisario's group taking this route with the characters is a reflection of how they view the youth of the day.  And the fact that these movies are still seen as relevant says a lot about what we think of young people in our society. 

This movie is painful to watch thinking of how it used to be.

Coulda just said, "They ruined it."  I grew up on "The Alvin Show," which was all based on a funny Christmas tune made by a guy who discovered slow-speed recording.  (A new thing back in the '50s/'60s.)  He got his sped-up voices, that people said sounded like chipmunks, to harmonize.  If he sang slowly enough, the tunes sounded like chipmunks singing in real time.

When it became a cartoon, Alvin's character was derived from the song: he was the non-conformist.  And, like most kids, had to be cajoled into doing what he was supposed to.  To flesh out his character a bit more, they made him clever; he was always the one thinking "outside the box," often outrageously.  He also never missed the opportunity to tweak Dave, the perfect parent stand-in and straight man.

I'm seldom disappointed by anything that goes on too long.  Seems to me that efforts to milk a great song, series or franchise usually ends up ruining it.  I'm aghast at what Disney is doing to Star Wars.  While Trek, so far, isn't completely into the weeds, I have mixed feelings about the J.J. Abrams stuff and can see ruin on the horizon.  (Some might say it already happened.)  They FUBAR'd the "Alien" franchise at movie #3.  Back to cartoonland, I hated the "Johnny Quest" reboot.  It had none of the charm and mystery of the original.

Of course, this is all my own opinion, and I'm no doubt horribly behind the times, having no kids and all.  But Alvin I know.  :)

2 hours ago, Stu said:

Coulda just said, "They ruined it."  I grew up on "The Alvin Show," which was all based on a funny Christmas tune made by a guy who discovered slow-speed recording.  (A new thing back in the '50s/'60s.)  He got his sped-up voices, that people said sounded like chipmunks, to harmonize.  If he sang slowly enough, the tunes sounded like chipmunks singing in real time.

When it became a cartoon, Alvin's character was derived from the song: he was the non-conformist.  And, like most kids, had to be cajoled into doing what he was supposed to.  To flesh out his character a bit more, they made him clever; he was always the one thinking "outside the box," often outrageously.  He also never missed the opportunity to tweak Dave, the perfect parent stand-in and straight man.

I'm seldom disappointed by anything that goes on too long.  Seems to me that efforts to milk a great song, series or franchise usually ends up ruining it.  I'm aghast at what Disney is doing to Star Wars.  While Trek, so far, isn't completely into the weeds, I have mixed feelings about the J.J. Abrams stuff and can see ruin on the horizon.  (Some might say it already happened.)  They FUBAR'd the "Alien" franchise at movie #3.  Back to cartoonland, I hated the "Johnny Quest" reboot.  It had none of the charm and mystery of the original.

Of course, this is all my own opinion, and I'm no doubt horribly behind the times, having no kids and all.  But Alvin I know.  :)

LOL...we own the record...:hrhr:

Curious Comparisons That Will Make You Look At Things Differently
"BossDT
Published on Jan 4, 2019
❤ Thank you for watching the video ❤
--- Wish you a good day. Subscribe channel if you like the video. ---"

~~~~~

I never saw the photo pictured as the cover shot.  I was curious about that because it looked like the same lady at 2 different water parks. :blink: