Now Watching...

Just finished watching "Marvel Rising: Secret Warriors" and I must say that was awkward and almost difficult to sit through.

They kiddiefied as much as they could, threw in a boatload of life lessons and stereotyped as much as possible without trying to be too obvious about it.

The storyline was annoying and they tried to walk the fine line between the loud obnoxiousness of kid shows' yell talking with the calm wit of grown up humor.  Not sure if it actually worked, because in my book, they missed the mark.

Maybe I'm just being too hard on this animated movie because I know the many incarnations of the animated and live action characters of the Avengers as well as the storyline behind the animated version of the Inhumans (never saw the live action). 

Merrie Monarch 2009 - Halau Hula O Hokulani - Wahine Kahiko
"alina885

Published on Dec 2, 2009

SUBSCRIBE 4.8K

Halau Hula O Hokulani Kumu Hula: Hokulani DeRego Mele: "Maika'i Ke Anu O Waimea""

AHA Merrie Monarch 2015 Wahine Kahiko
"Academy of Hawaiian Arts
Published on May 1, 2015
Merrie Monarch Festival, Hilo, Hawaii - April 10, 2015. Academy of Hawaiian Arts Wahine Kahiko"

DISNEY SONGS SUNG IN THEIR NATIVE LANGUAGES...! 2018 Part 2

"FL Episodes
Published on Aug 12, 2018
Disney songs based on character's native languages.
THE REAL LANGUAGES OF DISNEY SONGS!! 2018"

~~~~~

This concept never dawned on me until I came across this video.

🤔

OK... I heard the fallout from this, but I was ignorant as to what is was about until just now. 

~~~~~

Internet DESTROYS Tomi Lahren After She Picks A Fight With Michelle Obama

"The Ring of Fire
Published on Sep 26, 2018
Tomi Lahren thought it would be a good idea to attack Michelle Obama over a recent speech where Mrs. Obama advised people to vote for what they believe in. Lahren stated that Obama needs to “sit down” and that her husband, Barack Obama, doesn’t measure up to Trump on any level. The internet wasn’t having it, and Lahren got smacked down hard for her ridiculous comments. Ring of Fire’s Farron Cousins discusses this."

~~~~~

Really...I mean...Really?!? 🤨

More adventures in replying to spam | James Veitch

"TED Archive
Published on Jan 27, 2017
James Veitch has spent years doing the tireless, thankless work of replying to spam emailers so you don’t have to. He returns to TED to tell the tale of yet another spam email adventure, this time with a vital lesson attached: How to annoy your way off any spammer’s mailing list.
TEDArchive presents previously unpublished talks from TED conferences.
Enjoy this unedited talk by James Veitch.
Filmed at TEDSummit  in 2016."

~~~~~

🤣:hrhr::rofl:

4 hours ago, TronRP said:

More adventures in replying to spam | James Veitch

"TED Archive
Published on Jan 27, 2017
James Veitch has spent years doing the tireless, thankless work of replying to spam emailers so you don’t have to. He returns to TED to tell the tale of yet another spam email adventure, this time with a vital lesson attached: How to annoy your way off any spammer’s mailing list.
TEDArchive presents previously unpublished talks from TED conferences.
Enjoy this unedited talk by James Veitch.
Filmed at TEDSummit  in 2016."

~~~~~

🤣:hrhr::rofl:

small.giphy.gif.3f568006ba62febad2e6b21f

林英哲 / 海の豊饒(和太鼓アンサンブル)

Hayashi Eitetsu / umi no hōjō (wadaiko ansanburu)

Hayashi Eitetsu / Fertility of the Sea (Japanese Taiko Ensemble)

"senzokugakuen
Published on Apr 6, 2015
http://www.senzoku.ac.jp/music/index.php
洗足学園音楽大学 Senzoku Gakuen College of Music"

My son was a Columbine shooter. This is my story | Sue Klebold

"TED
Published on Feb 27, 2017
Sue Klebold is the mother of Dylan Klebold, one of the two shooters who committed the Columbine High School massacre, murdering 12 students and a teacher. She's spent years excavating every detail of her family life, trying to understand what she could have done to prevent her son's violence. In this difficult, jarring talk, Klebold explores the intersection between mental health and violence, advocating for parents and professionals to continue to examine the link between suicidal and homicidal thinking. Note: Comments are disabled for this video because YouTube's comment moderation tools are not up to the task of maintaining a quality discourse here. You are welcome and invited to comment on the talk at TED.com https://go.ted.com/Cyc6."

~~~~~

I truly applaud her. :grouphug

This must have been the one that started it all

~~~~~

This is what happens when you reply to spam email | James Veitch
"TED
Published on Feb 1, 2016
Suspicious emails: unclaimed insurance bonds, diamond-encrusted safe deposit boxes, close friends marooned in a foreign country. They pop up in our inboxes, and standard procedure is to delete on sight. But what happens when you reply? Follow along as writer and comedian James Veitch narrates a hilarious, months-long exchange with a spammer who offered to cut him in on a hot deal."

Learning from dirty jobs | Mike Rowe

"TED
Published on Mar 5, 2009
http://www.ted.com Mike Rowe the host of "Dirty Jobs," tells some compelling (and horrifying) real-life job stories. Listen for his insights and observations about the nature of hard work, and how its been unjustifiably degraded in society today."

There is a really good reason for the reaction in the first video...see second video 

~~~~~

Watch: Video of Chicago Woman Passing Illinois Bar Goes Viral

"CBS Chicago
Published on Oct 9, 2018
A video of a Bronzeville lawyer discovering she passed the Illinois bar has gone viral on Facebook. 'I’ve only wanted to be an attorney.'"

~~~~~

Here's What Taking the Bar Exam Is Really Like

"Bloomberg Law
Published on Jul 26, 2012
(Bloomberg Law) -- Bloomberg Law dropped in on Manhattan's Javits Center on July 24, 2012 to ask dozens of people taking New York's bar exam how they prepared and what it was like to take the test alongside thousands of would-be lawyers."

~~~~~

It's very reminiscent of taking the Skilled Trades exam...shiver...

14 hours ago, LadyKay said:

The Haunting Of Hill House.  

Anyone else watching this? I now have to sleep with the lights on.:sofa:

I know I'm probably behind the times, but the only ones I know of are the movies made from the original book "The Haunting of Hill House" called The Haunting (1963) and the remake The Haunting (1999).

~~~~~

While I was typing this, I looked up the title and found that there is now a TV series: The Haunting of Hill House (TV Series 2018).

I might have to check this one out.

3 hours ago, LadyKay said:

Hopefully it's worth watching.  I'm getting so tired of "cookie cutter" horror.  I've been watching scary shows for so long I've just about seen all the tricks of the trade.  Now intellectual...there is nothing better...:evil:

...by the way, do I need Netflix to view this...:huh: