Does This Seem Odd To You?

There is a small hardware store in a very small town north of me. I was in town one day and thought I would stop in there to see if they have any dog treats. (Sometimes hardware stores do cary dog stuff. ) So anyway, it is a little pass noon on a very hot day. The door to the hard wear store is wide open and the guy who I think is the owner is standing right in the door way. I go to make my way into the store thinking he will just let me go pass him when he stops me and ask me what it is i'm looking for. By the way I am not even inside the store yet. So I tell him I am looking for dog treats. He says we don't have anything like that try across the street. He just stands there in the door way in front of me like he does not want me to come into the store. I felt it was rather rude but didn't think much more about it. A few days later I am looking for something else hard wear related so I stop by that same hardware store. This time I go in and whoever the guy was who stood in the door way the last time I was there was not there. I tell the guy behind the counter what I am looking for and he is very nice and helpful and gets me what I need. As I am paying for my item I notice that behind the counter are small bags of dog bones. So.... a few weeks ago I need to make another trip to the hard wear store. It is the middle of the afternoon and another hot day. The door to the hard wear store is wide open so I walk in. The guy who I first encounter who I think is the owner is in the back of the store with an older lady. They are moving boxes around. There are no other customers in the store. But it is a small town store so it's not unusual to be the only customer in a store around here. Anyway the man and the women pay no notice to me. As I walk around I expect for one of them to stop what they are doing and ask me what I am looking for. They just ignore me. Since they seem uninterested in selling me anything I just leave. I find this whole thing very odd. Or at less a very bad way to run a store :fear:

O

Edited by LadyKay

It is odd. You'd think they'd go out of their way to be friendly, but then again I ALWAYS think that, since you know, its a business. But customer service and just basic business sense seem to be in short supply. Sounds like just piss poor social skills. But it is still odd.

This is redundant as we're on a goth board...were you particularly dark that day? Or even slightly? I get reactions like that in small towns because a lot of them still see goths and think "devil worship" and stupid shit like that, especially older folk.

This is redundant as we're on a goth board...were you particularly dark that day? Or even slightly? I get reactions like that in small towns because a lot of them still see goths and think "devil worship" and stupid shit like that, especially older folk.

We don't worship the devil? Damit! I hope I can get a refund on this goat....

Nope. I was not in my goth gear that day. I think I was in jeans and a t-shirt. Oh will I lose goth points for that?