The Dark Knight Rises - July 20th

This is one of the few movies I had high hopes for and couldn't wait to see. Now I did enjoy it but it is nothing compared to the other 2 movies at all and I was not even expecting it to live up to dark knight but it doesn't even compare to begins. I never really bought that anna hathaway was selina kyle, she just seemed like a skilled thief but not catwoman. I also felt they could of done so much more with banes character. I'm finding myself remembering scarecrow better from the first film then I do with bane right now (and I haven't seen batman begins since it came out). Not to mention holy shit I couldn't understand what he was saying. I thought it was just me or the theater but I see that this is a common complaint and they really should of made sure they fixed that problem before such a huge movie like this went to theaters.

I got to see it in IMAX in a marathon with Batman Begins and The Dark Knight. Yes, on a work night. And I made it through work the next day (and on time, I might add.) I must confess, I was giggling like a schoolboy regarding how much was brought over from the comics, and how much they got right.

Seeing all three of them together, I can say they all rocked equally. And we all cheered at the ending of The Dark Knight Rises, in all the codas they had, but especially at the last coda. That coda brought the biggest smile on my face for a job well done, and well deserved of a hero.

I have been a collector of Batman/Detective for decades. My oldest is Batman #259. I have seen the character go through camp, pulp, moody, and now a become a family (WTH?)

The movies in the 80's and 90's were more concerned with the criminals of the movies (Burton,) and the camp of the TV show (Schumacher.) While enjoyable, they didn't catch the true hero of Batman/Bruce Wayne.

Nolan and Bale brought to the character what I have seen in the comics again and again: One man turing anger, loss, and fear into hope for us all. Every time the villains beat him down, Wayne rises again to the challenge, despite falling into darkness. The classic heroic cycle,, where the only helpers are a couple of close people, his fortune, and, most importantly, his wits/determination.

Bale and Nolan nailed Bruce Wayne and Batman. Both sides have to be played right, something the older movies never quite got right for me. It is important that he is just a man. Not some alien, modified/amped-up automaton, but a single man. The villains were only the catalyst to make the man change. It is watching that man and his changes that made the comics a good read for me, and this trilogy such great thing to watch

I'm jealous I want to see dark knight in imax again haha!

agreed.. I was kinda pissed off by that. I nudged my mom and told her what i thought was REALLY going down with Blake, and what do ya know I was right... still *if I knew out to put up "The Spoiler" bar so I can hide what I wanna say and still be able to talk about it..*

You know whats fucked? I dont know how to do that myself lol

duh.. ok so you click on "full edtior" then "Other styles" in the upper right and there are a ton of little-used functions there, one of which is the spoiler function.

This is one of the few movies I had high hopes for and couldn't wait to see. Now I did enjoy it but it is nothing compared to the other 2 movies at all and I was not even expecting it to live up to dark knight but it doesn't even compare to begins. I never really bought that anna hathaway was selina kyle, she just seemed like a skilled thief but not catwoman. I also felt they could of done so much more with banes character. I'm finding myself remembering scarecrow better from the first film then I do with bane right now (and I haven't seen batman begins since it came out). Not to mention holy shit I couldn't understand what he was saying. I thought it was just me or the theater but I see that this is a common complaint and they really should of made sure they fixed that problem before such a huge movie like this went to theaters.

I'm jealous I want to see dark knight in imax again haha!

Yeah It was a good movie but not nearly as good as the other two I agree. I did see it at Imax but, it was what I call Half-ass IMAX because its just the same size screen (in liviona) but in imax "format" which is kinda like HD but I can't tell the diference. The big ass screen at Henry Ford I'm used to.

And god damn yeah bane's voice could have been clearer. I think I was able to make it out a little better than my friend that i went with becasue I watch way too much britsh stuff but even then there was at least 3 times I didnt know WTF he said.

Saw it again in IMAX last weekend. I was able to understand Bane for the most part the first time around. Granted, some of the muffing of the mask was hard to understand.

But to quote Bettlejuice when he was referring to the exorcist, "It keeps getting better, every single time I see it." :)

Still was giddy as a schoolboy watching it.