In effort to turn us all into criminals, another law change. On May 16th, the state of Michigan changed the number of unpaid parking tickets allowed before a suspension takes place to drop from six to three in any one jurisdiction or two handicap tickets. If you reach the max and have no prior payment arrangement made before May 16th, a hold will be placed, preventing you from doing secretary of state business. You will be responsible for all tickets in full and a 45 dollar fee to lift the hold. They are also suspending some licenses too. The hold itself, is not suppose to be a suspension but it is coming up as ineligle to drive for certain employers checking your driving record.

In effort to turn us all into criminals, another law change. On May 16th, the state of Michigan changed the number of unpaid parking tickets allowed before a suspension takes place to drop from six to three in any one jurisdiction or two handicap tickets. If you reach the max and have no prior payment arrangement made before May 16th, a hold will be placed, preventing you from doing secretary of state business. You will be responsible for all tickets in full and a 45 dollar fee to lift the hold. They are also suspending some licenses too. The hold itself, is not suppose to be a suspension but it is coming up as ineligle to drive for certain employers checking your driving record.

yikes!

thanks for the heads up though. *fear*

I actually have a ticket right now that I need to pay.. ugh damn money. *shakes fist*

i have two things to say...

1) it's really shitty that they don't make this type of thing more widely known, or better inform people,

2) "pay ya damn tickets, yo!" get a ticket, pay the ticket, it ain't that hard. and if it is hard (to afford, for example), pay attention to where you park so you don't *get* a ticket in the first place. it really doesn't seem that difficult a concept to me...

i have two things to say...

1) it's really shitty that they don't make this type of thing more widely known, or better inform people,

2) "pay ya damn tickets, yo!" get a ticket, pay the ticket, it ain't that hard. and if it is hard (to afford, for example), pay attention to where you park so you don't *get* a ticket in the first place. it really doesn't seem that difficult a concept to me...

Yeah it is frustrating.

Unfortunately not enough people seem to care about whats going on in reality (but spend time doing stuff like googling the background story of contestants on dancing with the stars) so the media doesn't spend much time on informing us, that is, there isn't much demand. Plus just the sheer number of laws that show up, its hard to prioritize even if you do follow the news. Since most people and the media don't spend much time on reality, most of our circle of friends (if we have any) don't talk about it much, thus making the "awareness" issue worse.

The part in yellow is the real problem.

The not paying tickets itself part:

1. they are broke or

2. do have the money but are slackers.

3. don't have 1 or 2 but are busy as hell

I've got no solid way to fix the first two, the third (3.) one is just a priority issue, really? I hope you make like $50 an hour and don't need a drivers licence to get to that job. You've got like two weeks to pay tickets usually.

Sucks that things are like this but apparently its not going to change any time soon.

I always figure a good donkey punch for the proper parties (government, media, public, whoever) would help but that legislation never seems to get passed.

Which reminds me I have a ticket right now that needs to be paid, bleh. (I really do)