PLASTIC PASSION goes 90s for one night- Saturday MAY 12th!

535222_10150740074347716_76054147715_9365259_1720051859_n.jpg

SATURDAY, MAY 12th - Holey flannels and tongue barbells Batman, PLASTIC PASSION's gonna do another 90s NITE!

DJ JOSH BURGE will be joined by 90s enthusiast and town horror Mr. STEVER NEITHER (making his guest DJ debut!) playing an all-90s-yet-grunge-free set including the likes of Pulp, Blur, Curve, Garbage, Tori, Underworld, Tricky, Sleater-Kinney, Massive Attack, Moby, Bikini Kill, Elastica, KMFDM, Prodigy, Lords of Acid, NIN, Bjork, Afghan Whigs, James, Oasis, Beck, etc, etc.

As it's the night before Mother's Day, consider BRINGING YOUR MOM!

Telescreen visual subliminal message wizardry by Justin & Co..

Rachel's strong beverages help you absorb our propaganda, get there before 11pm to pay 50% less for them.

NECTO RED ROOM, 516 E. Liberty, Downtown Ann Arbor.

9:00pm - 2:00am

$5 cover 21+ / $8 cover 18-20

Yes, it's a little wonky getting in sometimes, but here's how you do it:

You CUT THE REGULAR NECTO LINE like a boss and tell the fine folks at the door you are there for PLASTIC PASSION in the RED ROOM. People in line might gripe or snarl and door guys might ask you some more interrogative questions, but if you repeatedly state in a calm, not-dickish, tone "I'm here for Plastic Passion", they will let you in ahead of the line. This is what the Necto owners WANT you folks to do! No kittens will be harmed as a result of you doing this. Some people at Necto won't understand why you gotta be different, but honestly, didn't the entire 80s feel that way to you? Ok, got it? Good! Then you go DOWN the stairwell to the right to enter the Red Room. Yay!

Check out the re-vamped web page

http://www.plasticpassion.net

Gonna be a Hot Summer of Pash-un:

Sat, June 9th - Our 3 Year Anniversary! (three years is Leather! Xtra HOTT)

Sat, July 14th - All Request Night! (play moar Eddie Money!)

Sat, Aug 11th - Special Guest Eddie Money* (*headlining act m̶a̶y̶ probably will be replaced with another guest dj of our c̶h̶o̶o̶s̶i̶n̶g̶ budget)

Edited by PlasticPassion_a2

• 2 weeks later...

THANKS to everyone who came out to all-90s-nite! Special thanks to Stever Neither for his awesome DJ debut!

Playlist from May 12th, 2012

(Josh)

Current 93 - When The May Rain Comes

Rose Chronicles - Awaiting Eternity

Mercury Rev - Goddess On A Hiway

Radiohead - Karma Police

Peter Murphy - I'll Fall With Your Knife

Trust Obey - Sleeping Angel

Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds - Stagger Lee

Stereolab - French Disko

The Donnas - Checkin' It Out

(Stever)

Bettie Serveert - Tom Boy

Magnetic Fields - When My Boy Walks Down The Street

Rasputina - Brand New Key

Switchblade Symphony - Invitation

Heather Nova - Walk This World

Nina Hynes This Magic Stuff

Imperial Teen - You're One

Juliana Hatfield Three - Spin The Bottle

Little Red Rocket - I'm A Fake

Iggy Pop w/ Kate Pierson - Candy

Mazzy Star - Blue Flower

PJ Harvey - Down By The Water

Ruby - Tiny Meat

Cibo Matto - Sci-Fi Wasabi

Bis - Starbright Boy

Liz Phair - Supernova

Eve's Plum - I Want It All

That Dog - Never Say Never

The Rentals - Please Let That Be You

Lil Suzy - Take Me In Your Arms

Hanin Elias - Tie Me To The Wall

Lords Of Acid - The Crablouse

Babes In Toyland - Sweet '69

L7 - Shitlist

Bikini Kill - Rebel Girl

Sleater-Kinney - Turn It On

The Pixies - Head On

Suede - Trash

Elastica - Stutter

Lush - Ladykillers

Belly - Gepetto

Throwing Muses - Bright Yellow Gun

Darling Buds - End Of The Beginning

BT w/ Tori Amos - Blue Skies

The Creatures - Exterminating Angel

The KLF w/ Tammy Wynette - Justified and Ancient

(Josh)

Beastie Boys - Intergalactic

Fun Lovin' Criminals - Fun Lovin' Criminals

Beck - Where It's At

Sneaker Pimps - 6 Underground

Poe - Angry Johnny

The Verve - Bitter Sweet Symphony

Björk - Army Of Me

Nine Inch Nails - Closer

Alabama 3 - Woke Up This Morning

CJ Bolland - Sugar Is Sweeter

Garbage - #1 Crush

Folk Implosion - Natural One

Pigface - Asphole

Faith No More - Midlife Crisis

Afghan Whigs - Going To Town

The Breeders - Cannonball

Elastica - Connection

New Order - Regret

James - Laid

Rancid - Time Bomb

Underworld - Born Slippy. NUXX

VNV Nation - Darkangel

The Prodigy - Smack My Bitch Up

Fluke - Absurd

Faithless - Insomnia

Club 8 - Missing You

Everything But The Girl - Missing

Tori Amos - Professional Widow

Lords Of Acid - Pussy

Cornershop - Brimful Of Asha [Fatboy Slim Remix]

Daft Punk - Da Funk

Blur - Girls And Boys

KMFDM - Megalomaniac

Duran Duran - Electric Barbarella

Rammstein - Du Hast

Rob Zombie - Dragula

Skinny Puppy - Inquisition

Pulp - Common People

Squirrel Nut Zippers - Hell

Nada Surf - Popular

Portishead - Sour Times

Depeche Mode - Home

Neneh Cherry - Twisted Mess

Semisonic - Closing Time

(outro) Aphex Twin - Rhubarb

Next PP is June 9th (3 Year Anniversary) and July 14 (All-Request Night). See you then!

526115_10150881947972716_76054147715_9574878_137843140_n.jpg

I went, but we showed up hella late due to unfortunate events :crybaby:. Still heard some good tunes, but the place was practically cleared out, still caught Nocker and Saint, and Enishi was there to hang out with until close, so not a complete loss. Would have been awesome had we caught more of the action, but shit happens.