$5 Cover

21+ with valid ID

West Michigan's home for alternative subculture

Lady Dekay (9:30-11)

GOTH :: DARKWAVE :: DEATHROCK

DJ JASON ASH

ELECTRO-INDUSTRIAL :: AGGROTECH :: DARK 80s :: SYNTHPOP

HELLEKTRO :: NEW WAVE :: DUBSTEP :: DARK RAVE

Modern Ruin is Grand Rapid's best kept secret! Just feet from the main door, a private entrance awaits you. Ascend the staircase to find yourself in a modern speak-easy filled with technicolor lights, a color changing bar, and black vinyl seating. A smoking and drinking patio of vice lies just outside of the main room. Indulge in a night of deadly solutions (alcohol), pulse-pounding beats, and decadent attire.

There is no dress-code... however, goth/industrial/black attire is strongly encouraged.

Everyone is welcome so leave your judgements at home.

Complimentary candid club photography will be provided

for this evening by Devin DuMond Photography.

Edited by Jessicka

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First of all, Thursday's have not changed location. Louie's is the original name of the bar that was called Banger's.

ANNNDDDD, great news! Thursday's will be moving to Saturday's at Louie's starting 5/12!

Edited by Jessicka

Its just on Saturday and not on Thursday (or Sunday) at all, right? (just editing the DGN calendar and its listed as being on Sunday and Thursday which, I assume is just an artifact from previous times when it was on those days.

Shoot yes, just Saturday! Forgot to edit that! Thanks for the catch.

Edited by Jessicka

is this still in the same place, the building with the tall brick water tower? the directions don't look the same as i remember...

i might actually be able to make it out this weekend - finally!! :stuart:

No different place, but close. Follow the directions, when you arrive it is the door that leads upstairs to the "Loft". Can't miss it!

is this still in the same place, the building with the tall brick water tower? the directions don't look the same as i remember...

i might actually be able to make it out this weekend - finally!! :stuart:

Great to finally meet you last night! Hope you had fun!

Great to finally meet you last night! Hope you had fun!

great meeting you too! i would have said goodbye, but i didn't want to interrupt your dancing! although i'm not well-versed in the scene, jason was playing some sweet music last night - place had a great vibe (although i prefer a bit more darkness!) :stuart: good sized crowd as well, not too packed, but plenty of dancing as the night continued. sorry i couldn't stick around longer, no where to crash up there overnight - had to ride back to kalamazoo. (also, as is typical, i'm not very conversive, and there's only so much crowd watching one can do without looking weird. lol)

now that i know it's on saturday, i should be able to make it up a bit more often!

great meeting you too! i would have said goodbye, but i didn't want to interrupt your dancing! although i'm not well-versed in the scene, jason was playing some sweet music last night - place had a great vibe (although i prefer a bit more darkness!) :stuart: good sized crowd as well, not too packed, but plenty of dancing as the night continued. sorry i couldn't stick around longer, no where to crash up there overnight - had to ride back to kalamazoo. (also, as is typical, i'm not very conversive, and there's only so much crowd watching one can do without looking weird. lol)

now that i know it's on saturday, i should be able to make it up a bit more often!

Yep, I get kinda lost in my dancing. =) See you soon!