DARK ENTRIES: A new night of Dark Music Lovers

gallery_1_1_9114.jpg

DARK ENTRIES: A new night of dark music

(goth/dark wave/industrial/retro/noise/black metal/ebm/punk)

If it's dark we'll play it :]

Sponsored by D:K Productions

Kicking off our new night: Scary Guy & DJ Pulse State

We hope to make this an every week or every other week event on Fridays or Saturdays at Token. There will be more DJ's to come, bands, and other forms of entertainment. My vision for this was to bring back the early days of Ascension UK, the Labrynth, and Mephistos. There is plenty of free parking, safe neighborhood, great staff, excellent sound system/lights, drink specials, and much more.

Friends and Fiends come join us for a new era in entertainment in the Detroit underground.

Doors open at 9pm till 2am

18+ $5 21+ $3

The Token (formerly The Token Lounge), 28949 Joy Road , Westland, MI

Edited by Troy Spiral

Thanks, I hope people come out for this. It is difficult to find a club owner who will allow us to set something up like this. For them, it's only about the the draw at the door and making money. If all goes as planned, Diary of Dreams will be playing at Token later this year. They are not asking for much and it is something we could easily set up. I just need people to come to the event.

Please rsvp if you're coming out for this and spread the word.

Tonight is the night! We hope that this is the beginning of a really good goth night for the metro area. Remember, we can only do these kind of things if people make the effort and come out. I promise you a night of great music. I've gotten a lot of great comments about this event. Please make lots of requests for the DJ's! We want to play what you wanna hear.

Thanks again and enjoy yourself this evening! Cheers!

Thank you all for coming out last night. Sadly I must say that the numbers weren't large enough to make it a regular thing. The owner just didn't make enough money off of the event. Thanks to Token for giving us a chance. As for me, I'm finished putting together events. I will focus on D:Konstruct from this point on. Thanks to everyone that came out and supported one of the events I put together over the past few years. I wish the other local promoters, DJ's, Collective, etc the very best.

really sorry to hear that - i wish venues would give people a month or two to get things off the ground, but it doesn't happen very often. sucks, bad.

just goes to prove even though people want more options, they just aren't willing to put their money where their mouth is, so to speak.

*sigh*

very disappointed, to say the least.

Thank you all for coming out last night. Sadly I must say that the numbers weren't large enough to make it a regular thing. The owner just didn't make enough money off of the event. Thanks to Token for giving us a chance. As for me, I'm finished putting together events. I will focus on D:Konstruct from this point on. Thanks to everyone that came out and supported one of the events I put together over the past few years. I wish the other local promoters, DJ's, Collective, etc the very best.

sorry I couldnt make it out, inventory at my work is only once every 3 months, so it was bad timing. Detroit is apathetic and afraid to go outside the comfort zone.

Sorry to hear it didn't take off. Can I still request a playlist post by chance? I was hoping to go either this Friday or the next after :crybaby:, Detroit scene pisses me off so bad sometimes...

(i.e. I actually it pisses me off "most of the time" these days)