New club night in the making

Let's not forget the very VERY icky history of CC.

AH, CC. I remember when I first started working there back in the 90s I spent my first few months on parking lot duty (back when there was an entrance across the street from the parking garage that's now long since torn down). My second weekend there, I had someone pull a gun on me in the parking lot. A month later, I was actually shot at. My maglite was hit, that's how close I came to being gunned down there. About 3 months in, had to crack a guy in the skull with my new maglite when he pulled a knife on me for telling him he had to move his car - he was blocking up the lot.

It doesn't matter where you are, at some point - SOMEBODY is going to be stupid and EVERY place that sells booze has had something unfortunate happen.

Side note - the first time I had a gun pulled on me in the lot...I deserved it. ;)

I'll admit - even if I were still in the DM area and able to go to CC, one additional thing was keeping us from going there in the past couple years.

We finally got a halfway decent vehicle. And also got pretty freaking poor. We were reluctant to show up and find the lot full, and have to either park on the street or not risk it and go right back home.

Our truck was broken into once parked on Bagley on the other side of 1st. Side window smashed, and they knelt on Jon's glasses which were on the passenger seat, destroying them while they stole our radio. This was winter, and after a visit to the police station which was a huge waste of time (they wouldn't even cough up a plastic trash bag with which to seal up the window), we drove home on I-75 with me holding a floor mat up in the window in an attempt to block the freezing cold wind from coming in.

This wasn't a decision based so much on fear so much as we just didn't want a good vehicle damaged nor possibly incur the cost of window/radio replacement.

I'll admit - even if I were still in the DM area and able to go to CC, one additional thing was keeping us from going there in the past couple years.

We finally got a halfway decent vehicle. And also got pretty freaking poor. We were reluctant to show up and find the lot full, and have to either park on the street or not risk it and go right back home.

Our truck was broken into once parked on Bagley on the other side of 1st. Side window smashed, and they knelt on Jon's glasses which were on the passenger seat, destroying them while they stole our radio. This was winter, and after a visit to the police station which was a huge waste of time (they wouldn't even cough up a plastic trash bag with which to seal up the window), we drove home on I-75 with me holding a floor mat up in the window in an attempt to block the freezing cold wind from coming in.

This wasn't a decision based so much on fear so much as we just didn't want a good vehicle damaged nor possibly incur the cost of window/radio replacement.

Lol, same thing happened to me a few years ago in the same place. They emptied out my purse..and took my open can of pepsi o.O Left everything else in, though. & it took us like, 6 hours to actually get a Detroit cop involved. >_<

Good news! The owner called me today and he wants to give us a shot on January 27th. If the night builds up enough momentum then it will be a regular thing. John the owner is a pretty cool guy and the staff is super friendly. I will post a flyer soon. Thank you all for your input and feedback. I hope this will help to strengthen our local scene and promote some business and fun for everyone involved.

Robert

Good news! The owner called me today and he wants to give us a shot on January 27th. If the night builds up enough momentum then it will be a regular thing. John the owner is a pretty cool guy and the staff is super friendly. I will post a flyer soon. Thank you all for your input and feedback. I hope this will help to strengthen our local scene and promote some business and fun for everyone involved.

Robert

Johns a good guy, I worked with him when Something Cold hosted the MEN WITHOUT HATS show there last year.

• 2 weeks later...

So who is plan on coming out this Friday? We need bodies in there to make this thing a regular event. Please let me know here and or rsvp on FB.

If we are able to do this regularly, I will be picking the next set off DJ's for the next one. So DJ's come hither as well as anyone who wants to help me in planning, promotion, etc.

If all goes as planned, Diary of Dreams will be playing this fall!

RSVP and email me if you have more suggestions, concerns, etc.

Thanks