The website was offline due to a circular argument with our previous web host(IPS), which after days of trying we had to switch away from (we are now with HostGator.com). Essentially despite DGNs low-ish "footrraffic" the website itself has grown to a fairly large size, and, the old host wanted to charge a TON of extra money to keep hosting as usual, (despite all the things you see about "unlimited" bandwidth/hosting when you get into the details of what you actually need, a website like this doesn't fall under the "cheap plan" category) I thought we could just remove some parts of DGN, but that proved unrealistic as the amount they wanted to get rid of was over 2/3rds of the site.

Unfortunately they didn't give us any time to switch to a new host and just sort of dropped this on us, with no way for me to access the email notifications to let people en-mass know what was going on. The transition took longer than it would have otherwise. The transfer to the new host (which is more expensive, but not the $120 dollars a month that IPS wanted) unfortunately due to the half a week of downtime several donation subscribers quit, which essentially left us with not enough money for the month, I paid it with money I don't have, hopefully things will pick up by the time the next month rolls around. (as it is there is a $20 bill for the domain names (detroitgothic.XXX) that we don't have money for coming in a week).

Sorry for the trouble, its really been a ton of stress getting it back up.

Its nice to hear. Sometimes I start to feel like all the effort is pointless but then I remember why I do it when I read stuff like this.

This is like a home away from home. I might not know a lot of the people on here in person, but I do feel connected to people that actually care when I come on here.