• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't have an opinion except for my Constitution Waving one yet.

I have contacted ever group I know and all of them know someone who has/is/will participate.

I am amazed.

Republicon artists

Demoncrats

Political Libertarians

Militia

Vets

Military on leave

Michael Moore fan bois

People who advocate the death of Michael Moore

Non partisan Ron Paul supporters

The diversity is shocking and it is about time.

ok, Goldilocks. :p

seriously, so what? over the last couple of days, lots of Ron Paul supporters have been showing up at the Wall St. location, and they've been welcomed with open arms (hell - even Michael Moore gave them a shout-out last night). Start a group of like-minded individuals and link up with Occupy Michigan - no matter what your views may be towards unions, you and your group won't be turned away.

ok, Goldilocks. :p

seriously, so what? over the last couple of days, lots of Ron Paul supporters have been showing up at the Wall St. location, and they've been welcomed with open arms (hell - even Michael Moore gave them a shout-out last night). Start a group of like-minded individuals and link up with Occupy Michigan - no matter what your views may be towards unions, you and your group won't be turned away.

What I am saying is, occupy Wallstreet is clearly a non partisan attempt whereas occupy Michigan is clearly.... You know I dont know the word for people who want to force you to pay for your right to work. Mafioso?

The Occupy protests have given me a little glimmer of hope, but the more I look into what their demands are, the more questions I have as to who's really behind it. They're really pushing this Buffett Rule, but I just can't get behind a piece of legislation that the government has been so careful to keep offline. There are plenty of pundits giving their spin on it, and I'd really like to know where they're finding the original text. Anyway, as a veteran of the tea parties who watched them go from grass-roots gatherings to Neo-con circle jerks, I present you with this...

How COINTELPRO really works and destroys social movements

Regardless, I'll be at the train station on October 21st for the Occupy Detroit kickoff, pissing and moaning about the Fed, as always. :wallbash:

I really don't see what this is going to help really. I mean a HUGE movement might work but the problem is that everyone wants to divide now. I'm not talking about the politicians I am just talking about regular jackoffs. I don't agree with Obama because I don't like his way of doing things so I MUST be a Republican, however I agree that weed should be legalized, but I don't agree with abortions...blah blah blah...

Face it...we can't get along and get over petty little differences which leads to bigger differences which means none of these movements will work...

I am not saying that I am in dire straights here but I have had more cuts to my shit in the last year that most other people and the same goes for my brothers in arms...the only thing I am trying to say with that is that you need to pick your battle and work shit out on your level before you even think of taking on the big boys. A nation divided will not fall...it just isn't going to go anywhere. The only things that are changed by large groups like this is not IF you get screwed...it is WHERE you get screwed. They will not roll over to demands or requests they will just adapt to something else that people won't notice for another few years where the same damn process will begin again.

It is history...ALL of this has happened before...

This also shows how lopsided the media is, very little mainstream coverage but exploded all over independent media.

It's probably best this way. The media is corporate owned. They'll try to distort things and discredit the whole movement. Word of mouth via trusted friends works fine.

I'm going to a planning meeting Monday evening and also to whatever event is planed for Friday the 21st.

We are the 99%

PS - Stop worrying about who's involved and worry about who might infiltrate and distort the message from the targeted groups/companies/government agencies..

I really don't see what this is going to help really. I mean a HUGE movement might work but the problem is that everyone wants to divide now. I'm not talking about the politicians I am just talking about regular jackoffs. I don't agree with Obama because I don't like his way of doing things so I MUST be a Republican, however I agree that weed should be legalized, but I don't agree with abortions...blah blah blah...

Face it...we can't get along and get over petty little differences which leads to bigger differences which means none of these movements will work...

I am not saying that I am in dire straights here but I have had more cuts to my shit in the last year that most other people and the same goes for my brothers in arms...the only thing I am trying to say with that is that you need to pick your battle and work shit out on your level before you even think of taking on the big boys. A nation divided will not fall...it just isn't going to go anywhere. The only things that are changed by large groups like this is not IF you get screwed...it is WHERE you get screwed. They will not roll over to demands or requests they will just adapt to something else that people won't notice for another few years where the same damn process will begin again.

It is history...ALL of this has happened before...

And it will fail again if people think like you. Ignore the past, ignore the differences and work to unite under the things we hold in common. Period.

Regardless, I'll be at the train station on October 21st for the Occupy Detroit kickoff, pissing and moaning about the Fed, as always. :wallbash:

And the companies/wealthy that are trying to use money to keep their wealth and influence intact. THAT is a central issue. The democratic process is being completely subverted.

It's probably best this way. The media is corporate owned. They'll try to distort things and discredit the whole movement. Word of mouth via trusted friends works fine.

I'm going to a planning meeting Monday evening and also to whatever event is planed for Friday the 21st.

We are the 99%

PS - Stop worrying about who's involved and worry about who might infiltrate and distort the message from the targeted groups/companies/government agencies..

http://wearethe99percent.tumblr.com/