I'm considering moving downstate next year

So I'm considering moving downstate sometime next year, just so it gives my mom and brother time to get stable with the money situation and me time to adjust to the idea and what not. Well anyways, what are some good areas to live in that have like income based apartments since I'm on disability and a fixed income. I'm also considering a room mate since living alone is usually a bad idea for me.

Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?

Which is conveniently located one city over from where Chateau de Chernilence is, so it is prime for optimum visitation.

It seems to be conveinently located for many things. When I'm downstate next week I'm planning on getting some info on it and getting on the wait list

Would they let you live there even though it says senior housing? I know you're on disability, but Morbid's mom is, too, and we've had an awful time finding a place for because she's not 55 yet.

It says over 65 or under 65 and disabled. And since I'm disability I'm pretty sure I qualify. When I'm downstate for RenFest I'm going to go get some info on the place.

There are a lot of cheap apartments out here along the Novi/Wixom edge, but, as you know from staying with Angel, we're a distance out from the Royal Oak area that seems to be the hot spot of metro Detroit.

Ferndale is centrally located, and you'll have cool neighbors, but if you live there be prepared for the main street to be shut down at least once a month for festivals, parades, and street fairs, which makes getting around a pain. Also, the cheaper part of Ferndale is right off of 8 mile, so be prepared to have the police searching your yard for runaway criminals with flashlights about ever other month.

I've never lived in Madison Heights, but from driving through it, it doesn't seem like a bad place to live.

Don't live in an apartment in Southfield!!! If you can find a room to rent in someone's house, that's cool, but most of the apartments in Southfield are overrun with bedbugs. When we were looking at places to move, I wanted to stay in Southfield, because Morbid was working on the west side, and I wanted it not to be too far for him, but still close to metro Detroit. I changed my mind when we started reading the reviews and almost all the apartment complexes in Southfield had reviews that talked about bedbugs. The Lexington (now called something else) where we lived for 6 months was cheap a can be, but I wouldn't tell my worst enemy to live there. We lost most of our furniture, I almost lost my mind, we were fighting constantly from the stress, and I still have scars on my arms from the bedbug bites.

• 2 weeks later...